Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 08:45 AM
Sarnak

There's more value for your time investment on Red99.

Until the AoE nerf leveling was actually easier on Blue with the 24/7 Chardok pulls. I doubt it would feel more earned on one server compared to another.

You can camp most items on Red without there being any sort of line, and with a few hours a day Raiding there's no item in the game that's completely unobtainable. The market is rather garbage making odds and ends a bit hard to come by, but you're not sorting through people attempting to sell endless amounts of junk either.

As for leveling finding groups may be harder, but the exp bonus kinda averages that all out. And it's not like all the good spots are going to be taken, I guess that's a common problem on Blue? (or so I've been told)

If you need to go AFK, you just log out. It's pretty simple. There's no risk of someone hunting you down if you're not online. I guess going AFK and staying logged in is really important to some people. I don't know.

Overall, Everquest is easy - NPC's are scripted and predictable. Player interactions are not. Having PvP enabled adds an additional layer of depth to a game everyone already knows everything about. Give it a shot. I've been on Red99 for several years and it's been nothing but endless entertainment.
Last edited by Symbioticforks; 10-14-2017 at 08:48 AM..
Old 10-14-2017, 01:23 PM
Banned

LOL

When did Vuulak last die?
This has to be an elaborate 3 month plan to kill Vuulak again.
Pixel fiends scratching their arms in need of a Vuulak hit.

(It has to have pixel greed as it's true agenda because that's the true driving force behind red99 decisions)

Good luck with it.

Also p.s. by... "Also you guys need to do me a favor please... PICK A SENSIBLE CLASS" ....he means clerics and rogues.
Last edited by Beastagoog; 10-14-2017 at 01:27 PM..
Old 10-14-2017, 02:14 PM
Banned

...actually on 2nd thought they probably just need the bodies. So your class is irrelevant.

Once you get to a reasonable level and join the guild on your 53 Mage you'll prob get a PM asking if you can play a cleric for the raid.

LOL AND I AM NOT EVEN JOKING.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

I’ve posted this before but it bears repeating. Much of the excitement that fuels the pixel addiction is the ability to show off your cool loots to people. On red everyone is already driving Ferrari’s and your loot is meaningless, this minimizing the excitement felt upon winning a loot. The myth that it can be used for PvP is a lie used to justify the pixel grind. There is no meaningful PvP on red, and the PvP there is usually involves ganks or small skirmishes where the loot you gain is trivial.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve posted this before but it bears repeating. Much of the excitement that fuels the pixel addiction is the ability to show off your cool loots to people. On red everyone is already driving Ferrari’s and your loot is meaningless, this minimizing the excitement felt upon winning a loot. The myth that it can be used for PvP is a lie used to justify the pixel grind. There is no meaningful PvP on red, and the PvP there is usually involves ganks or small skirmishes where the loot you gain is trivial.
this is pretty wrong

ooc is global, u can show off more to the whole server if thats all you care about? (that is a pretty stupid imo)

loot is never meaningless on here, vulak is dying EVERY week and we still only have 2 robes on server. that leaves a lot of room for unique characters.

Also... gear means a lot more in small skirmish compared to mass pvp when u are focused by 30 people

oh yeah and for the record this guy hasnt played in like a year
Last edited by Tune; 10-14-2017 at 05:42 PM..
Old 10-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Aviak

Tried red at 6pm in prime time on friday and couldn't even find a duo lol
Old 10-14-2017, 07:42 PM
Banned

When I get home I'll post a pic as to why red99 needs a wipe and not a dwindle of new players.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:36 PM
Banned

https://imgur.com/haZYqHT

A banker toon with 100'000's of plat worth of gear sitting on it. A shaman and cleric toon about to be stripped down and added to it.

This is the problem with red99 atm its a fantasy, fast paced eq version where everyone just collects shit and pretends its about pvp.

I wasnt even a big time farmer...then you get bored and quit...
Old 10-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastagoog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://imgur.com/haZYqHT

A banker toon with 100'000's of plat worth of gear sitting on it. A shaman and cleric toon about to be stripped down and added to it.

This is the problem with red99 atm its a fantasy, fast paced eq version where everyone just collects shit and pretends its about pvp.

I wasnt even a big time farmer...then you get bored and quit...
I agree with you. However you have nothing noteworthy other than newby trash gear
Old 10-15-2017, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with you. However you have nothing noteworthy other than newby trash gear
lol

bring that stuff to pass out to the noobs

startin up now