Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's sad that courteous/thoughtful behavior is uncommon enough that when you have 3 or 4 consecutive positive interactions with random campers it feels like you've stepped into the twilight zone, you have to slap yourself upside the head a couple times just to make sure you haven't slipped into a delusional coma. It's not that nobody's acting like decent adults, just that so many act like self-serving/entitled/never-disciplined children so often. (And then you get to the high-end content and discover that on p99 "high-end" is code for "inhabited by self-important slime-spewing douchenozzles and toolbags.")
I can understand how one could get that view if all they did was read the forums all day.

I think the vast majority of people who spends vast amounts of time in this game, have very different experiences than you.

Personally, I rarely run into assholes. They are the exception, rather than the rule. I also don't quite understand your experience on the 'high-end'. I've never had other high end guild members personally insulting me or anything. Are you just referring to the fact that you think the top guilds are meanies or the fact that guilds compete against eachother for pixels?

It is difficult to understand such a negative view towards this server. The only thing that makes sense to me, is that you don't really play that often and just read the forums a lot.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can understand how one could get that view if all they did was read the forums all day.

I think the vast majority of people who spends vast amounts of time in this game, have very different experiences than you.

Personally, I rarely run into assholes. They are the exception, rather than the rule. I also don't quite understand your experience on the 'high-end'. I've never had other high end guild members personally insulting me or anything. Are you just referring to the fact that you think the top guilds are meanies or the fact that guilds compete against eachother for pixels?

It is difficult to understand such a negative view towards this server. The only thing that makes sense to me, is that you don't really play that often and just read the forums a lot.
:shrug: Glad you enjoy the game! I've certainly had a lot of fun here over the last three years, but other than raiding (which is lots of fun when you actually have a target/zone to raid) most of that fun has been playing untagged characters under L50.

IME, a lot of people here who are in raiding guilds get pretty shitty if you're wearing a different raiding guild's tag, and even those that don't are somehow completely blind to the douchbaggery of their guildmates. There's a lot of the "my guild is awesome and our shit don't stink, the rest of you are tools and smell awful and suck at EQ and IRL" flu going around, can't think of any raiding guild that's immune. (For reference, I've been BDA for the past year, was in <Flawless Victory>/<Rapture> before that, so yeah, I'm CasualScum[tm] and a ChestCrony[tm].) The arrogance and entitlement mentalities surrounding all the Bard mob monopoly PLing and the soul-destroying cancer of Chardok AE contribute their share of negativity to the work of the L60 Campsockers as well.

Every once in a while I have an incredibly good day dealing with players outside of my guild, but for some strange reason it's never those L60 Campsockers and almost never characters wearing raidguild tags who make my day great when I'm on some untagged noname alt. v0v
Old 10-28-2014, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dono, someone who is nice and that you don't know would maybe find it a little dickish for someone to make so many assumptions about, who they were or what they do and have experienced.

So maybe you kinda justified his state of mind. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To be honest Im not trying to flame you, but you are kinda doing just that by simply not being able to understand someone or where they are coming from in such a case closed manner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread