Old 01-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

Default Restrictions to entering rotation:

(Response to http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=133960
y)

Quote:
Restrictions to entering Tier rotation:
• Guild must have existed for at least 2 months
There are more than a guilds worth of raiders who have taken a break from p99 due to the extended period of unchecked cheating / exploits / hacks / things-that-are-best-left-unnamed.

Many of these players have experience to go with their VP keys.

Were the server to enter a phase where rules are followed and raiding doesn't require lawlessness, some of these people could decide to come back. Those new players would (according to these rules) be able to "compete" with no lockouts on all raid mobs for 2 months regardless of tier or other guild agreements.

(There will also inevitably come a time when guilds will splinter and reform, either under new names or old names.)

Unless GM's intend to make entering VP have more steps than "obtain a key to enter VP" you may need to reconsider the 2 month wait period, should a new guild be ready to kill Tier 1 content before that time has passed.

Just pointing this out.
Test Server : Tanulie
Old 01-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

CB planning a comeback? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2014, 06:18 AM
Planar Protector

Most guilds are recruiting, there's enough about [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't tell a guild they can't raid any mob in the game until they exist for 90 days and/or kill one isolated mob.

Tier 2 needs to include the ability for any guild on the server to take a crack at a mob just like anyone else. This includes pickups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd also ask that you guys be careful with stipulations on Tier 2. Tier 2 is the 'open door' tier - Any guild that is not Tier 1 will apply here, including up and coming guilds. The rules need to allow for flexibility with new guilds jumping on the scene to raid targets. There should not be any type of council governing the acceptance of new guilds into Tier 2. There can still be a council of guild representatives for working out any sort of guild agreements, however the policies need to be made while keeping in mind that any guild should be free to engage a mob on Tier 2's schedule unless they themselves have agreed to something previously.
This has been a sticking point with Rogean as well, however, the current T2 guilds are continuing to push a time limit and an 'initiation kill' to limit freedom of access to teh merbs they wanna share.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has been a sticking point with Rogean as well, however, the current T2 guilds are continuing to push a time limit and an 'initiation kill' to limit freedom of access to teh merbs they wanna share.
It is pretty clear the motivation behind the desire for a time limit / intiation kill.

It prevents TMO's 5th, 4th and 3rd accounts from forming up into The Mystical Android, The Mystical Band, The Mystical Caravan, etc. and continuing to do the poopsock, track, 'compete' thing in Tier B for more kills and game the system. Same deal for IB/FE.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

irony
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 01-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is pretty clear the motivation behind the desire for a time limit / intiation kill.

It prevents TMO's 5th, 4th and 3rd accounts from forming up into The Mystical Android, The Mystical Band, The Mystical Caravan, etc. and continuing to do the poopsock, track, 'compete' thing in Tier B for more kills and game the system. Same deal for IB/FE.
its been stated by multiple people that this WILL happen. Im not sure why this is being overlooked and im not even sure it can be truely policed.. Or we will just have people "pretending" to not be themselves and starting a "new guild".. even with a time limit / initiation kill. (I would assume TMO has the ability to kill the spiroc lord with their alt army)

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 01-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Aviak

and why shouldn't it happen? I heard that there are several proposals out there now where I can form a guild of 24 people and just wait my turn for mobs I want to kill instead of putting forth the effort I have in the past. That sounds much easier to me and it frees up time to do other things I enjoy. Because I previously was willing to participate in a more "hardcore" fashion means that I can't alter my play style if a new rules system offers me a new option?
Ghomie (60 Wizard)
Jurassic Park (60 Necromancer)
Massterr Drumok (56 Monk)
Leighdybierd Johansen (50 Cleric)
Gdavid (50 Magician)
Snique Sniq(28 Rogue)
Therbah (7 bank)

Red:
Aalamar (60 Enchanter)
Aalasbank (1 bank)
Old 01-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishurza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and why shouldn't it happen? I heard that there are several proposals out there now where I can form a guild of 24 people and just wait my turn for mobs I want to kill instead of putting forth the effort I have in the past. That sounds much easier to me and it frees up time to do other things I enjoy. Because I previously was willing to participate in a more "hardcore" fashion means that I can't alter my play style if a new rules system offers me a new option?
I do somewhat agree but how well do you think a rotation will work when... the 800 Raid capable people take this idea to the Extreme?

800/25= 32 Casual guilds on a rotation that allows for what appears to be looking like a total of 25% of mobs (75% for FFA?).. I cant really go into too much depth atm (at work) for the specifics of math and (numerous proposals) allowed mobs for Rotation.. But i think my Point is somewhat clear

I doubt ANY guild will want to wait 6-8 months for a raid? even if its the one they want?

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 01-05-2014, 06:49 PM
Aviak

I think Rogean already made the change he needed to the raiding scene. He made training a no-no in VP. Now if the staff would focus on punishing offenses with the current ruleset they have I think we would have no problem. I can think of several occasions recently where a simple 1 month raid suspension for training another guild would have freed up the raid season perfectly fine for the casuals for a month.
Ghomie (60 Wizard)
Jurassic Park (60 Necromancer)
Massterr Drumok (56 Monk)
Leighdybierd Johansen (50 Cleric)
Gdavid (50 Magician)
Snique Sniq(28 Rogue)
Therbah (7 bank)

Red:
Aalamar (60 Enchanter)
Aalasbank (1 bank)
Closed Thread