Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

@loramin the problem with tot the shaman is that you can do that to any class who is just afk and it's just as helpful. The shaman part is a non-factor. Put bard with afk mana song and its arguably better

@ twochainz yeah most enchanters wont have mana issues unless they are soloing high level areas like SG or Emp chottal.

@Keza your first sentence nails it. Enchanters can solo anything with enough technique. Duoing is only worth it when you are being lazy / charitable / xp'ing maybe.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-17-2019, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

As with most things, the most optimal duo composition depends on the circumstances. I'd say 1/10 situations I will pick shm over cleric or druid, having the shm tank makes pet breaks ofteen quite trivial (pom puppets is a good example, or when the enchanter has a rogue pet). 1/10 I'll take a druid over cleric or shm, having the increased dps and safety of two pets + snare is great (double wolf charm duo in kael is a good example). For more or less everything else I'll take a cleric.
On Discord: NextToTheGods#0088
<Riot>
[Enchanter] Falamin (Dark Elf)
[Bard] Telrin (Half Elf)
[Shaman] Warzog (Ogre)
[Druid] Vildar (Wood Elf)
[Necromancer] Szersis (Iksar)
[Monk] Raszis (Iksar)
[Cleric] Atrial (Human)
[Wizard] Atomize (Gnome)
[Mule] Plotlard (Human)
Old 09-17-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Wait so your strategy for shaman enchanter duo, is to have the shaman stand and eat all the damage instead of the charmed pet with 10k hp?

And healing the 2k HP player character with torp is more efficent than CHing the 10k hp pet?

And then how does this strategy make the pet not attack the enchanter when it breaks??
Old 09-17-2019, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suppose you could say rez is convenient too, but exclusively for bad enchanters.
Only in the sense that most good enchanters already have a bunch of cleric friends lined up to rez them when needed (which--they should. That's smart). Don't try telling me good enchanters don't die a lot. Of course they do. If anything the best of them die more because they're the ones pushing the envelope. They're simply smart enough to account for it in advance. You're going to die sometimes solo'ing stuff like khelkor...RNG will bone anyone from time to time. The good ones know it and plan for it. I find most Enchanters also become experts at corpse recovery.

Which brings us to another reality: I've had *numerous* enchanter friends over the years who've received bans for boxing because the temptation to rez themselves was too great. Just say no, folks.

Danth
Old 09-17-2019, 01:25 PM
Banned

Let's all read this carefully... I guess my point was not clear.

1. Enchanter is best solo class - Fact
2. Cleric offers more appropriate utility than Shm when duoing with Enchanter - Fact
3. Cleric is just there to meditate, CH when needed, Root/Stun - Fact

The cleric and or shm shouldn't be running around acting like a crazy person no scope 360 #420blazeit yolo beast mode. They're just there to support the #1 Class. Which is why Cleric > Shm for #1 duo with Enchanter classic - velious.

ToT works on cleric just fine since they have the two mana regen buffs from Enchanter + they're meditating 90% of the time.
Last edited by Demoraliser; 09-17-2019 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: Who am I talking to at this point. I have no idea, where am I. Yes
Old 09-17-2019, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait so your strategy for shaman enchanter duo, is to have the shaman stand and eat all the damage instead of the charmed pet with 10k hp?

And healing the 2k HP player character with torp is more efficent than CHing the 10k hp pet?

And then how does this strategy make the pet not attack the enchanter when it breaks??
If we take pom puppets as an example, hell yes I will take the shm tanking rather than the pet. On a pet break I’ll be summoned by the puppet if there’s no one else in melee range. Having the shm tank also allows the pet to be only doing dmg from the back meaning no ripostes and no summoning on a break, etc. The only situations where I’ll pick a shm over clr is when the shm is torpor tanking.

Not sure what you mean by the pet not attacking the enchanter when it breaks. Of course it will even when the shm is tanking, however the enc only needs to handle the pet on a break as opposed to pet + mob.
On Discord: NextToTheGods#0088
<Riot>
[Enchanter] Falamin (Dark Elf)
[Bard] Telrin (Half Elf)
[Shaman] Warzog (Ogre)
[Druid] Vildar (Wood Elf)
[Necromancer] Szersis (Iksar)
[Monk] Raszis (Iksar)
[Cleric] Atrial (Human)
[Wizard] Atomize (Gnome)
[Mule] Plotlard (Human)
Old 09-17-2019, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't try telling me good players don't die a lot. Of course they do. If anything the best of them die more because they're the ones pushing the envelope.
I loved this, but really it doesn't just apply to Enchanters at all. The best players (IMHO) are the ones that try un-tested stuff ... and doing that (often) gets you killed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sometimes a lot ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:29 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoraliser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter is the strongest solo class classic, kunark & velious
Enchanter + Cleric is the strongest duo classic, kunark & velious

Enchanters on every corner sellin evercrack
"Strongest" how? In pve? If by "strong" you mean charming a monster to kill two monsters or best case soloing drusella... thats not that impressive. And its not like this is done with fine grained controls. Often chanters are in a panic.

Also, not like chanter is bringing their power to a raid. They are glorified buff bots.

Torp shaman's solo cliff guardians and +4 dragons. I believe these creatures also summon. I would also argue that they are a bit stronger than the hardest mobs an ench can reliably solo (without panic). Also raid mobs can be torpored more reliably than an ench can find a pet in certain situations. On a raid chants are most likely not mezzing or CC'ing anyway.

Once torp lands, shammy is just chillin.

I thus conclude Sham > Ench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by a_gnome_collector; 09-18-2019 at 11:37 AM..
Old 09-18-2019, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoraliser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Enchanter is best solo class - Fact
2. Cleric offers more appropriate utility than Shm when duoing with Enchanter - Fact
3. Cleric is just there to meditate, CH when needed, Root/Stun - Fact
I'm not trying to pick on Demoraliser at all, but rather on everyone who is dealing in absolutes here.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This guy EverQuests:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextToTheGods [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As with most things, the most optimal duo composition depends on the circumstances. I'd say 1/10 situations I will pick shm over cleric or druid, having the shm tank makes pet breaks ofteen quite trivial (pom puppets is a good example, or when the enchanter has a rogue pet). 1/10 I'll take a druid over cleric or shm, having the increased dps and safety of two pets + snare is great (double wolf charm duo in kael is a good example). For more or less everything else I'll take a cleric.
Everyone saying "____ IS ALWAYS" ... you just want to win a forum argument. When it comes to stuff like "which is the strongest soloing class" or "who is the best duo partner" context matters.

You can still make absolutely true statements like "a cleric is usually the best duo partner", but please everyone stop saying "every", "always", and words like that, because they imply there's some grand universal truth about "the best". But when it comes to anything subjective in EverQuest, there is almost never just one answer that covers all circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_gnome_collector [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torp shaman's solo cliff guardians and +4 dragons.
Hey man, the top Shaman solo +6 Dragons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-18-2019 at 12:10 PM..
Old 09-18-2019, 11:50 AM
Kobold

Can enc + bard duo well at all? How would that work?

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Closed Thread