Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 02:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Cool

I mean, I use quest XP as a bonus. I grind on mobs that drop quest items, get a level or two, then go turn in and get a few bubbles. It just helps reduce the monotony of pure grinding. And I know, in my heart of hearts, that that was the original intent.
Old 12-16-2020, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Once the gnoll fangs stop being great in Qeynos, you can hop over to Halas and continue handing them in for impressive XP, unless they nerfed it recently. I got a surprisingly huge chunk of XP farming Halas warrior rep in my 20's handing in gnoll fangs.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

IMO pre-late teens EQ is a pretty big slog and for most classes you don’t have your full toolkit so I can’t blame him for wanting to skip it.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:17 AM
Sarnak

Honestly, f*** the teens for most classes. Most of them are barely coming into their role or still missing key pieces of their class identity. Shamans, for example, don't get canni/regen till 24, and a pet till 34. Enchanters don't get Clarity till 29. Druids and Wizards don't get self-ports till 19/20. Rangers don't get SoW until 39, SK doesn't get Invis/FD until 30. Paladins don't get anything ever. Before a class' defining level, they are just simply less fun to play.

Yes, the first time you're playing EQ, there's an allure of earning every single blip of exp through blood, sweat, and tears, but after that there's no shame in trying to skip the more monotonous parts of the game and enjoy playing your class in its actual role.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just created a warrior, groups were fun but I agree sometimes you just wanna play for a 10mims, do laundry, come back play a bit more, go make food... Personally I just picked up a runed oak bow for like 50p and solo'd red cons. Lvl 7 killing lvl 15 mobs getting around half bubble of exp a kill. Once the warrior hit 12 and could crit/crip bow kiting sped way up by keeping up in berserk range and doing 76dmg crips.

Its the fun way to get yourself to 20.
Wait... what? Could you please expand on this further. How did you manage to be in berserk HP range but keep the mob far enough away to use bow?
Old 12-17-2020, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait... what? Could you please expand on this further. How did you manage to be in berserk HP range but keep the mob far enough away to use bow?
strafe running and avoid the wolves, they outrun you... When you're running around you don't exactly regen that fast so you stay berserk for a long time, just try and keep your health around 40%.
If you see a shaman around ask for a sow and it makes life easier but isn't needed.
Old 12-17-2020, 12:00 PM
Banned

Lol matey, i think i was that erudite wizard, and as you can see, it's my 3rd alt at this point, and sadly the fangs were enough only to get me to a high 16" wich was fine since it was my next spell circle anyways. Leveling is not everything there is to this game, and honestly, the first 12 levels suck beyond belief, so i wouldnt get surprised with ppl wanting to be done with it asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine his surprise if he rolled a toon here and collected that many gnoll fangs only to learn there’s no quest exp. hueheh
Well if it makes you happy, that did cost me 4 gnoll fangs =/

edit: apparently a lot of people on this thread don't know the fangs are NO DROP, so i didnt really skipped anything as i had to kill alot of gnolls for them.
Last edited by Feracitus; 12-17-2020 at 12:06 PM..
Closed Thread