Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Who are the bad guys here?
Seal Team & Kingdom because those tryhards wont let me get mine. 48 50.00%
Castle because they couldn't figure out how to win book races 32 33.33%
GMs and server staff because this game is too hard. We have lives bro! 8 8.33%
Wow that "casual" guild Dynasty sounds toxic AF... 8 8.33%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 03:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashentco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Smaller guilds probably wouldn't have cared about waiting for the bigger guilds to be done before trying except it became obvious they were never going to stop running the same rogues and corpsing extra books. The agreement should have been that rogues without Ragebringers could run while it was still relevant.

The UN shit had the big guilds crying because they didn't want to track their own books. It was easy for them to just devote minimal effort and pick up a free book every 10 hours on their rogues with the best SSD load times. Smaller guilds who want their rogues to get their epics are willing to track the book themselves, not share the info, and actually compete for it, which ST got mad about.

I'm sure ST wants to devote as many resources to their 70th MQ as a rogue who actually wants an epic for their main.
Super inaccurate. Wasn’t about tracking books, that’s easy as pie. The concern was the current rules allow for zone in to occur within the same second as Book spawn by definition, which leads to the obvious outcome of conflict over whether people zoned in first or whether the book spawned first, which in turn requires rigorous log keeping, OBS recording, and elf litigation. Roll system successfully avoided all of that, literally 0 petitions filed for those working within the agreement, which was the goal. It was a very good agreement that served its purpose without issue or conflict. The current system seems... less likely for that to continue.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Super inaccurate. Wasn’t about tracking books, that’s easy as pie. The concern was the current rules allow for zone in to occur within the same second as Book spawn by definition, which leads to the obvious outcome of conflict over whether people zoned in first or whether the book spawned first, which in turn requires rigorous log keeping, OBS recording, and elf litigation. Roll system successfully avoided all of that, literally 0 petitions filed for those working within the agreement, which was the goal. It was a very good agreement that served its purpose without issue or conflict. The current system seems... less likely for that to continue.
Exactly now you just need the timer of when it was picked up. Add 10 hours, less the time it takes to cast the port spell and add back a second or two for load time and server tick and you should be in zone the moment book spawns. If not well grab the book and wait for the petitions.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue4242 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Castle isn't even a real guild, it's just Potato with 300+ boxes going
This is truth...

Signed,
NotAPotatus.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Remember on Blue when the book was bugged and respawned like every 5 minutes? Those were the days.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Now it's not up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2021, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2021, 10:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey this happened today! But not by a fella trying to fuck the system, just a fella who wasn’t aware of the rules. He is suspended now. Probably not the ideal strat.
So Savage, the second guild to back out of the agreement after Castle, and the only other one that would have been able to skip the rolling to port up, parks a rogue at the book (which also would have required help and accomplices to port them up) to pick it up the second it spawns, and we're expected to believe it was just a misunderstanding after it was explicitly emphasized by Blistig that you had to zone out first after it popped?
Old 05-25-2021, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wckdtrb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is truth...

Signed,
NotAPotatus.
Probably. When video proof of Castle members boxing and AFK camp in was posted his response was “I asked my guildies and they said they weren’t doing that” lmao
Old 05-25-2021, 10:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

i think its cute that people in castle assume big guilds are just corpsing books instead of turning them into epics for their legions of rogues
Old 05-25-2021, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably. When video proof of Castle members boxing and AFK camp in was posted his response was “I asked my guildies and they said they weren’t doing that” lmao
No. I did not simply take my guildmates' word for it. The burden of proof rests with the accuser. That thirty-second video of a mage pet killing a mob was not proof of boxing nor AFK camping. He had reported those two to GMs and the GMs did not ban them. Furthermore, they both ended up joining Seal Team and I have not heard from them since. Please stop repeating this slander.
Closed Thread