Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People did seek out pvp on 1.0

So if there's a newb getting wrecked by a guy from the other side I could see ppl running to their defense just to get the yellowtext.

That's the beauty of hardcoded teams.

Sullon locked ppl into a team tho per account and it was paid subs.

I remember high lvls defending zones and powerleveling their buddies. It wasn't hard to get into that as a pickup usually.
I was on red from day 1. So im talking about 1.0 on day one, which barely had any pvp for the first year or so. Even me, who helped rogean beta test the server, who had butterflies thinking about how cool this shit was gonna be because rallos was such a blast, didnt pvp. There was just no way i was gonna get like a few literal days behind in PVE, just so i could pvp for a couple of hours. I chose instead to be a blubie, which is where the ruleset funneled everyone, and tried to be happy just exploring the game and zones i didnt see on live, like raid zones.

I just dont see people going out of their way to save newbs on red. I can see pvp hubs where people go to duke it out, like classic end game zones, though. But people porting to zones because newbs are getting wrecked, i would bet good money that this will be a rare occurence. What im trying to say is going with a sullon ruleset will be like 1.0 groundhog day. Just laying it out on the forums (like i instantly did on day 1 with 1.0) why it doesnt work and watching it unfold afterwards.

Heres what i would see working: Putting high level mobs in newb-intermediate zones to magnet the high levels there. So you would often have high levels around when newbs are getting wrecked. But fat chance something this custom getting implemented on red 2.0.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 09-15-2021 at 06:07 PM..
Old 09-15-2021, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Please do not hold your breath as you will surely die; there is no new PvP server coming and there has never been.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

I got pvp'd only like 3 times in my journey through red and 2 of those times were when I was AFK killing, one on specs and 1 on AC in SRO

Maybe got killed a few times in unrest at the height of unrest twink PK's

So yeah not a lot of pvp on red 1.0 due to shit box worst ever designed ruleset. Small things make a big difference. There was zero reason for anyone to PVP on red 1.0 besides griefers who had an OK time but would have had a better time if people actually wanted to fight em like the good old days.

So ya, anything but this current ruleset will be a breath of fresh air.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was on red from day 1. So im talking about 1.0 on day one, which barely had any pvp for the first year or so. Even me, who helped rogean beta test the server, who had butterflies thinking about how cool this shit was gonna be because rallos was such a blast, didnt pvp. There was just no way i was gonna get like a few literal days behind in PVE, just so i could pvp for a couple of hours. I chose instead to be a blubie, which is where the ruleset funneled everyone, and tried to be happy just exploring the game and zones i didnt see on live, like raid zones.

I just dont see people going out of their way to save newbs on red. I can see pvp hubs where people go to duke it out, like classic end game zones, though. But people porting to zones because newbs are getting wrecked, i would bet good money that this will be a rare occurence. What im trying to say is going with a sullon ruleset will be like 1.0 groundhog day. Just laying it out on the forums (like i instantly did on day 1 with 1.0) why it doesnt work and watching it unfold afterwards.

Heres what i would see working: Putting high level mobs in newb-intermediate zones to magnet the high levels there. So you would often have high levels around when newbs are getting wrecked. But fat chance something this custom getting implemented on red 2.0.
Yeah. Not likely people will port for pvp. Maybe they'd hang out there tho. And check from time to time and watch out for their leveling friends.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got pvp'd only like 3 times in my journey through red and 2 of those times were when I was AFK killing, one on specs and 1 on AC in SRO

Maybe got killed a few times in unrest at the height of unrest twink PK's

So yeah not a lot of pvp on red 1.0 due to shit box worst ever designed ruleset. Small things make a big difference. There was zero reason for anyone to PVP on red 1.0 besides griefers who had an OK time but would have had a better time if people actually wanted to fight em like the good old days.

So ya, anything but this current ruleset will be a breath of fresh air.

Population is over 100 right now and constant pvp; you haven’t played red in 8 years so not sure why you even post here.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:20 PM
Banned

wow 97 people red as I'm writing this

dragons finally unrooted?
Old 09-16-2021, 01:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow 97 people red as I'm writing this

dragons finally unrooted?
No
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 09-16-2021, 05:06 AM
Planar Protector

I was day dreaming during work today of a teams pvp p99 server and my Troll Shaman PKing some noobs in guk.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was day dreaming during work today of a teams pvp p99 server and my Troll Shaman PKing some noobs in guk.
That's a sweet dream.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatitNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Population is over 100 right now and constant pvp; you haven’t played red in 8 years so not sure why you even post here.
Sorry bro I was talking about the level 1-59 experience.

At level 60 on current server there is definitely action in the hot zones that can be fun for anyone who is interested.

If I could be playing EQ right now (time wise) I'd be playing red 1.0 like EatitNerd here.

But I don't really have the time windows needed to do good work at level 60 so I don't play. Low level game is something I can step into and out of more casually. If new server was a rallos ruleset I would PVP at low level exclusively, might get 1 guy to high level just to acquire some items.

If it was sullon style I would get 1 guy to high level and then park him in noob zone for my team and help em out.

On red 1.0 not really anything for me to do. You guys don't even need rezzes everyone has access to 3 or 5 old cleric accounts at this point.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread