Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool, thanks for the formulas. I either didn't know or forgot that they were actually known.

By the way, Ice Comet is No Trade (confirmed this yesterday). The other level 49 wizard research spells are tradeable, though.
Not only that but the 'chance to skill up' formula is also known:

IF(SKILL-TRIVIAL>=0,0,((((MAIN_STAT*10)/SKILL_DIFFICULTY)*(SUCCESS_RATE/100))+(((MAIN_STAT*10/(2*SKILL_DIFFICULTY))*((100-SUCCESS_RATE)/100))))/1000*MIN(0.95,(200-SKILL)/200))

0.o
Old 02-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not only that but the 'chance to skill up' formula is also known:

IF(SKILL-TRIVIAL>=0,0,((((MAIN_STAT*10)/SKILL_DIFFICULTY)*(SUCCESS_RATE/100))+(((MAIN_STAT*10/(2*SKILL_DIFFICULTY))*((100-SUCCESS_RATE)/100))))/1000*MIN(0.95,(200-SKILL)/200))

0.o
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

That is of course with the SUCCESS_RATE being defined by the aforementioned formula, and the 'main_stat' actually being a formula on the stat you are using (int, dex, str depending on the tradeskill), and skill difficulty being the coefficient of difficulty for each skill.

for instance, pottery and jc are both 4s, which are the hardest. blacksmith is only a 2. you can see there is an inverse relationship as the skill difficulty is always in the denominator.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcorin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Small nitpick, but Ice Comet and Rend have the same mana / damage ratio (0.3571429).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&usp=sharing
So they do. Bad memory on my part.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Kobold

am I crazy in thinking that the trivial stat has something to do with your int and the that your charactor lvl will determin how successfull you are in your combine? for instance I have int of 195 on my lvl 34 necro and my research is at 95 i can lvl 34 spells with a good amout of success but i seem to have that same rate of success with higher lvl combines .. i jsut think for research you char lvl and int have to be condidered in to the rate of success. let me know where im wrong.

Thanks!
Qwesan (research)
Old 02-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by strides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
am I crazy in thinking that the trivial stat has something to do with your int and the that your charactor lvl will determin how successfull you are in your combine? for instance I have int of 195 on my lvl 34 necro and my research is at 95 i can lvl 34 spells with a good amout of success but i seem to have that same rate of success with higher lvl combines .. i jsut think for research you char lvl and int have to be condidered in to the rate of success. let me know where im wrong.

Thanks!
Qwesan (research)
Yes, you are crazy. "Success Rate" is determined by your skill (which is capped by level) and the trivial skill level requird by the combine.

"Skill up" is determined by your intelligence (or dex, or str, depending on the tradeskill) + your success rate. You are more likely to skill up on a successful combine. For this reason, it is always correct to be making the closest non-trivial skill up on your skill-up path.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge_sucks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I crap cleaner code. I hope that wasn't pulled from the server's code...
This is pulled from my excel spreadsheet.
Closed Thread