Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sguchi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On red you can kill the person camping the Ancient Cyclops so that you can take the spawn instead of waiting in line.
It'd be far more accurate to say something like "come play on Red: our lines aren't as long as Blue's, but it will take you even longer to get loot when someone else kills you".

There's just no way around it: in that scenario you are more likely to be the person getting killed than the person doing the killing, because by definition any new Red players are going to have way less gear and PK-ing skill than long-time Red players.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-11-2018 at 06:28 PM..
Old 05-11-2018, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-11-2018, 07:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'd be far more accurate to say something like "come play on Red: our lines aren't as long as Blue's, but it will take you even longer to get loot when someone else kills you".

There's just no way around it: in that scenario you are more likely to be the person getting killed than the person doing the killing, because by definition any new Red players are going to have way less gear and PK-ing skill than long-time Red players.

This a very self-defeating attitude. I hope you move past it soon and adventure!
Old 05-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Old 05-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

“There’s no way I can win so I won’t even try.” - Loramin

You know we all started with nothing, right? Half the server is people who just started in the last few months.

Is this really how you go through life?
Old 05-12-2018, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

w
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“There’s no way I can win so I won’t even try.” - Loramin

You know we all started with nothing, right? Half the server is people who just started in the last few months.

Is this really how you go through life?
Please. It's an undeniable fact that just as you can kill someone on Red, they can kill you back. It's also a fact that people who've played on Red longer generally have better loot and know how to PvP better.

Does that mean that no one should play on Red? Of course not: I'm sure you can start out from behind, get better gear and learn how to PvP, and do just fine on the server.

But none of that changes the fact that it's idiotic how Red recruiters always try to sell the idea that you can just "kill people to get whatever camp/loot you want quickly!" while completely ignoring the opposite side of the equation ... an equation that least starts out weighted against a new player.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-12-2018 at 12:46 AM..
Old 05-12-2018, 12:46 AM
Orc

Red isn't the grief nightmare people think it is and all new players will have plenty of assistance and backup if they join the leveling guild <Sanctuary>. Sure you might run into the random PK in the 30s up, but it's the friends you make fighting through it on your journey to 60 and as you begin raiding that make it special.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Please. It's an undeniable fact that just as you can kill someone on Red, they can kill you back.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:02 AM
Kobold

Wonderful evening of adventure on red

Guk, Mistmoore, HHK, Kael.. these are all places you can experience

Book your trp today
Old 05-12-2018, 09:56 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I am one of the "new" players been on since January. I have to say it has been quite easy so far not 50 on my main yet so it may get harder. Been PKed once and that was totally legit.
My biggest bitch about Red is it can be hard to find a group. I pretty much soloed my necro. Then again all the good solo spots are open. I also have Jboots without MQ !

Zeoxx
Closed Thread