Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

I reported the "stick it in the water to cheese the AE" trick as a possible 'sploit in '15 or maybe early '16. It's still here. I wouldn't worry about it getting changed, although I wish it would. I don't use it myself on general principle. However, since it has remained in-place for so long I regard it as having defacto sanction from P99 staff.

You don't need to be over-geared. The wife's shaman can do those and she has stuff like Thurgadin armor. Don't need Skyshrine, Temple Veeshan, Vindicator, Plane of Mischief, etc. People were solo'ing 'em wearing Kunark gear. I do recommend having the epic. The wife doesn't use the Shaman pet on the rare occasions she solo's them but you can use it if you want to. Main thing is to pace your mana use, not run yourself out from excessive amounts of damage spell usage. It's a marathon fight.

You do want sufficient junk buff clickies. You'll need about your first four slots or so filled that way. Also, some buffs you might not use often (like the AC buff) are useful here, so don't forget about it.

If you want to practice, use a shoreline dragon (Gafala, Pantrilla, Vitaela, Haecheva, etc) since they're easy pulls. Bratavar has a nicer drop but he's a trickier pull and in many cases the pull is the toughest part of it. Yeldema is the absolute easest to start with because it's an easy pull, doesn't have an AE effect, and doesn't flee until very low health due to waiting for enrage. You can try using Cripple (whatever equivalent is highest level) to see if it lowers your average DI roll intake some. There are differing opinions as to whether it works. Snare is great, root them if you have to, but it's a bit of a nightmare if they get into the water while fleeing so try to prevent that from happening.

Do NOT use some of the more rare plus 4's you might see on the P99 wiki for practice if you see them up (like Bufa) as some of them hit dramatically harder than the regular ones.

------------------------------------

On balance, these guys are dramatically more fun to duo than solo. Compared to the wife's Shaman, My Shadow Knight is a vastly superior puller in Western Wastes. Same would go for a Monk or Ranger or similar class.

Danth
Old 09-12-2021, 02:32 AM
Fire Giant

I’ve killed WW dragons dozens of times in the past, but let me tell you, there was a time in the beginning where I would get my ass whooped half the time. It definitely takes a bit to get down which spells to use and when. Keep slow and malo up, keep pet alive and epic dot on, make sure to torp yourself above 70%, toss in a bane/pox wmp and keep a chloroblast on your bar just in case you need a fast heal between torps. Don’t be afraid to let your pet and epic dot do all the damage for long periods of time, it’s a marathon not a sprint.