Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Kobold

Default Question about trade skills and fail rate

As a dedicated quadder, I seem to be choosing mobs to kill that do not drop any runes. Therefore, I have chosen to just increase my skill level in research at the Wizard trainer.

Since research is a trade skill, the formula is 5(Level - 15) for the skill max, which means at level 49, I'll have 170.

How safe would it be to attempt to combine Rune of Frost and Rune of the Astral at 170 for Ice Comet, when the trivial is 184, I realize I will be quite below the trivial, what are the chances of me failing?

(It will be 14 points below trivial.)

I would hate to wait until 52.
Last edited by rahmani; 02-09-2013 at 01:53 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Not sure if you want the spell for nostalgia or something, but honestly do yourself a favor and don't worry about it because you'll never use it.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if you want the spell for nostalgia or something, but honestly do yourself a favor and don't worry about it because you'll never use it.
I can't really be a Wizard without ice comet!
Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Care to expand on this a bit? I had an ice comet using wizard on Live once upon a time, and I've got one that may one day get to that point here. Just curious.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko37qtl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Care to expand on this a bit? I had an ice comet using wizard on Live once upon a time, and I've got one that may one day get to that point here. Just curious.
Well he said he was a dedicated quadder, so it's useless there. And you get superior nukes 51+ that don't require research skill or gathering runes to get, just a trip to the vendor.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Well he said he was a dedicated quadder, so it's useless there. And you get superior nukes 51+ that don't require research skill or gathering runes to get, just a trip to the vendor.
Ah, I see what you mean. Makes perfect sense in that light. You had me spooked for a minute.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Kobold

Well, does anybody know the success rate equation?
Old 02-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Why not just pay a level 60 Wizard with a high as hell Research Skill to combine it? Looks like they go for 2 to 5k on Wiki. Sounds dangerous to me.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Kobold

My only confusion is whether or not the resulting spell will be No-Drop or not
Old 02-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko37qtl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, I see what you mean. Makes perfect sense in that light. You had me spooked for a minute.
Ice comet will probably not be used a whole lot outside of maybe exp groups once you hit level 51. That spell is resisted quite often too from what I've seen on p99. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread