Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 09-11-2023, 05:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blinding Poison III is a “spell”, it having three lines doesn’t make it plural. Not these days if you read the patch.
Rogean: Adjusted aggro formula calculations for spell SPAs: AC/Atk Debuff, Snare, Slow, Blind, Stun, Fear, Spinstun, Charm, Mez.

Rogean: The SPA above are capped at 1200 aggro, or 400 if the player is not high enough level to use the spell (Ex: Procs).

Rogean: Removed an overall spell cap of 400 aggro if player was not high enough level for the spell. This is instead capped per SPA Above.

As i read it, the WESS proc has 2 different SPAs, each having a cap of 400.
Old 09-11-2023, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Hmm I expected a Monday but not one where the WESS might not suck.
I never saw the note from Rogean. I guess it’s possible…
Old 09-11-2023, 07:45 PM
Kobold

so im guessing no one has made a new aggro weapon chart post patch lol.

WESS sucks, always has. Proc blinds mob and it runs away or targets closest person.

If stun is 400 hate, this means Ykeshan proc weapons are actually decent again.

Where does frostbringer rank on the list?
Old 09-11-2023, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

You get 400 hate for a stun/ac debuff/slow/blind basically. The question is if you get extra points for other spell lines which you can click on via the wiki.

Currently poison and disease counters are broken but that should get fixed eventually.

Personally...I like effects that are actually useful. The old GOAT Infestation/WESS combo worked but talk about a trash setup. If I wanted to rely on worthless spells for aggro I'd just play my paladin or SK.
Old 09-12-2023, 03:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by |tda| fatal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Proc blinds mob and it runs away or targets closest person.
For trash on which blind can land you should be using a 2-hander anyway.

Dual wield tanking is for serious stuff, and serious stuff will either resist or net you a funny screenshot.
Old 09-12-2023, 03:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You get 400 hate for a stun/ac debuff/slow/blind basically. The question is if you get extra points for other spell lines which you can click on via the wiki.

Currently poison and disease counters are broken but that should get fixed eventually.

Personally...I like effects that are actually useful. The old GOAT Infestation/WESS combo worked but talk about a trash setup. If I wanted to rely on worthless spells for aggro I'd just play my paladin or SK.
I have tested it. It does work this way. Spells that have multiple SPAs (Spell Affects) will produce hate for each affect. I tried this on my paladin, SK, and warrior with spells and proccing weapons. The hate from each is added together.

Unfortunately there is not many procs/spells with more than 1 Spell affect on them. This was likely a purposeful design decision.
Last edited by long.liam; 09-12-2023 at 03:22 AM..
Old 09-12-2023, 12:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have tested it. It does work this way. Spells that have multiple SPAs (Spell Affects) will produce hate for each affect. I tried this on my paladin, SK, and warrior with spells and proccing weapons. The hate from each is added together.

Unfortunately there is not many procs/spells with more than 1 Spell affect on them. This was likely a purposeful design decision.
How did you test it? Vs a wiz with a flux?
Last edited by PatChapp; 09-12-2023 at 12:18 PM..
Old 09-12-2023, 01:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

so if this is true, something like troc skean is good again?

Spinstun plus poison dot proc

Does anyone have any real numbers?

Like how much hate is frostbringers proc? AC debuff = 400 hate? + dd

How much hate is a snare?

Someone surely has done the tests.
Old 09-12-2023, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by |tda| fatal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so if this is true, something like troc skean is good again?

Spinstun plus poison dot proc

Does anyone have any real numbers?

Like how much hate is frostbringers proc? AC debuff = 400 hate? + dd

How much hate is a snare?

Someone surely has done the tests.
The max for any effect on a proc other than the epic proc is 400
So debuffs, snares etc are all assumed at 400hate.
So frostbringer would-be 460hate per proc,Ykesha 475
Old 09-12-2023, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

I was pretty sure that aggro procs whether or not they had multiple sub-components were flat capped at 400 threat + however much damage the proc did.

Ie WESS went from mega aggro to a flat 400. I don’t think you get separate checks from the blind and debuff. You used to for sure - but no longer.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2