Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 09-16-2023, 09:05 AM
Kobold

I been testing this constantly, is just feels like Disarm, kinda useless they still hit you as hard as they were hitting you post debuffing and everything. I only keep Shroud of Hate up usually and Vortex when facin ga tough enemy plus i always make sure to get the extra +10 STR and Grim Aura for extra attack.
Old 09-16-2023, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzHaN80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I been testing this constantly, is just feels like Disarm, kinda useless they still hit you as hard as they were hitting you post debuffing and everything. I only keep Shroud of Hate up usually and Vortex when facin ga tough enemy plus i always make sure to get the extra +10 STR and Grim Aura for extra attack.
Disarm is good if they are dual wielding. They'll do noticeably less damage if you can disarm the offhand weapon. It also generates agro, so you should use it when tanking.
Old 09-16-2023, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

Sure, but unless you've got your hands on someone's former pet, it's almost unheard-of for mobs to dual wield. By default, ordinary mobs (like the kind that can spawn with fine steel weapons or anything like that) will never spawn with two weapons. Unless a mob has been given weapons by a player, the only time it will dual-weld is if it has a non-random weapon on its loot table and the capability of dropping more than one item from its loot table, such as might happen with raid bosses. You'll never come across a trash mob with two weapons, because they won't have two loot slots that can contain a weapon. It isn't relevant to any soloing player. Almost all ordinary mobs have only one loot slot that can roll a weapon.
Last edited by greatdane; 09-16-2023 at 07:38 PM..
Old 09-16-2023, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, but unless you've got your hands on someone's former pet, it's almost unheard-of for mobs to dual wield. By default, ordinary mobs (like the kind that can spawn with fine steel weapons or anything like that) will never spawn with two weapons. Unless a mob has been given weapons by a player, the only time it will dual-weld is if it has a non-random weapon on its loot table and the capability of dropping more than one item from its loot table, such as might happen with raid bosses. You'll never come across a trash mob with two weapons, because they won't have two loot slots that can contain a weapon. It isn't relevant to any soloing player. Almost all ordinary mobs have only one loot slot that can roll a weapon.
It's relevant when soloing guards, which is good up to level 55. A lot of guard spots have dual wielding guards. Off the top of my head Freeport, Kelethin, and Kaladim guards will often dual wield.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-16-2023 at 08:37 PM..
Old 09-16-2023, 08:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's relevant when soloing guards, which is good up to level 55. A lot of guard spots have dual wielding guards. Off the top of my head Freeport, Kelethin, and Kaladim guards will often dual wield.
Even at cap, disarm has a very low chance of working and is often not worth the time spamming it. I wouldn't bother using it, unless you're just one of those completionist types that wants/needs every skill capped.
Old 09-16-2023, 08:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although, not sure why you even need to disarm the mob if you are fear kiting on your SK? You won't be getting hit anyway. Sure guards dual wield, but most are not worth killing past mid 50s anyway. Too low level.
Old 09-16-2023, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even at cap, disarm has a very low chance of working and is often not worth the time spamming it. I wouldn't bother using it, unless you're just one of those completionist types that wants/needs every skill capped.
I've had pretty good success disarming dual wield mobs with my Monk. I'm not saying you need it, but it does have benefits if you choose to use it. As I said before, it generates agro, so you should be using it in a group anyway in conjunction with Taunt. Might as well get those agro numbers up as fast as possible.
Old 09-16-2023, 09:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I've had pretty good success disarming dual wield mobs with my Monk. I'm not saying you need it, but it does have benefits if you choose to use it. As I said before, it generates agro, so you should be using it in a group anyway in conjunction with Taunt. Might as well get those agro numbers up as fast as possible.
Ok. If you feel like it's worth it, I guess you do you. I myself feel like the skill sucks and is not worth spamming. I'm pretty lazy though and would rather just turn on auto-attack and watch the mobs die.
Old 09-17-2023, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok. If you feel like it's worth it, I guess you do you. I myself feel like the skill sucks and is not worth spamming. I'm pretty lazy though and would rather just turn on auto-attack and watch the mobs die.
You should just tie it to a macro when you are lazy. You can do Slam/Taunt/Disarm all at the same time.
Old 09-17-2023, 03:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You should just tie it to a macro when you are lazy. You can do Slam/Taunt/Disarm all at the same time.
For my ‘the button’ macro I tend to start with attack off and end with attack on. I find it helps to ensure a round of attacks on top of the usual bash/disarm land after taunt and cement that lead taunt gives.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung