Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Aviak

Default Some Sk question

What do you all think would be more fun going SK or sham. I have a fungi tunic to use. Im asking on the tank thread because i want the opinion of people who have played SK. Any info would be great ty
Old 01-23-2016, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

It depends entirely on what play style you prefer. Both classes are incredibly fun. Shamans end up a lot more of a powerhouse class than SKs.

If you like swinging a blade, having a get out of jail card (FD), some limited solo power with fear kiting, and face tanking for groups (and occasionally raids) ... play the SK.

If you like slowing, buffing/debuffing, healing, canni-dancing, and soloing (after you get the right spells and pieces of gear) ... play the shaman.

Or just make a shaman and a sk, play them both ... and figure out your preferences over time. They're completely different classes. I've made a few classes over the last 18 months, each with a different aspect of gameplay. When I get bored of one ... I'll just log in the others to do something different.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-26-2016, 09:10 PM
Fire Giant

The biggest struggle with an SK is the balance between health and mana. You have to life tap enough that your health is Ok while saving enough mana to fd if need be.

My SK never had a fungi. He was also an erudite so he didn't have any regen or stun immunity and needed a shield for bash. CoS and FD are incredibly fun, and if I had a fungi I'm sure my SK would have been more fun.

I also play a shaman. They are a lot more active. Slow, root, canni dancing, pet, swapping out spells for buffs, etc. They are indeed a powerhouse, but they are a lot of work. There is a lot more flexibility and the groups really change the dynamic. I thoroughly enjoy my shaman, but there are also 80,000 of them on the server.

I'd ask what your end game would be. Are you wanting to raid? Are you wanting to solo? Are you wanting to duo or trio?
Old 01-26-2016, 11:17 PM
Fire Giant

I have a 35 sk and a 57 shaman. Both leveled with a Fungi, HP gear, haste item, and a good weapon.

The shaman is LOADS more powerful than a SK when given heavy regen and twinked. At 35 on the SK I can tank CE in MM fine. At 35 on the Shaman I had a Fungi stick AND a Fungi tunic (they stack. Stick clicks at 35). So I was tanking (with slow) AND healing CE in MM.
Once I hit 40 or so on the SK I'll move the fungi back to the shaman. I have a 58 Paladin. I like the SK too and I'll be taking it to the 50s at the very least.
But if you're only looking at sk vs shaman with a fungi (and potentially a fungi stick) the shaman wins outright.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:41 AM
Aviak

Thanks for the help
Closed Thread