Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-28-2013, 01:00 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Custom Cursor to go along with DuxaUI?

Would it be possible to get a cursor to go along with this wonderful UI? I love the interface, just hate seeing a white windows cursor as my pointer. This would be an excellent addition, although small. Also would be much appreciated. Thank you Duxa for making an amazing UI.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caridry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
installed everything, everything is working great... except one thing, my mouse scroll is SUPER slow now. when i go to scroll out into 3rd person it takes 7-10 scrolls to zoom it all the way out, whereas before it only took one quick swipe of the scroll to be all the way out...
You have to change your frame refresh rate in video options. You probably did this before doing the update a long time ago and forgot. Lower the frame rate and you can scroll really fast. I use 45.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:34 AM
Banned

I too am wondering about the login screen, I ran this and selected kunark but did not realize it was a different login screen I was infact using prior. The installer only gives you 3 choices, and 1-2 are old old oldschool. How can I get back the default(titanium?) one I guess. I read as many pages as I could but found no answer to this.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:47 AM
Fire Giant

So I like everything about this UI except the spell gems. Not the gems themselves but the big bars that list the names of the spells. Is there a way to change just the one particular element into something smaller that doesn't have the text?

Please talk me through it real slow, I'm borderline retarded.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 03-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Planar Protector

Yes, the spell bar file is titled EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml. Either delete that from your DuxaUI folder (which will then load the default Titanium client UI cast window), or find another cast window you do like that is compatible with the Titanium client and paste it into your DuxaUI folder, overwriting as necessary.

The default Titanium UI will have a spell bar that looks like the one along the left side here:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you don't like that, I know Savok's VertUI is compatible with P99 and the spell bar will look like the one in the bottom right corner in this picture (note your spell gem icons might be different):

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just move the EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml file from the VertUI to the DuxaUI folder and either reload DuxaUI while in game or restart the client.
Last edited by falkun; 03-21-2013 at 07:51 AM..
Old 03-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Perfect, thanks a lot! The version from Vert UI was exactly what I was looking for so you helped answer a question I hadn't even asked yet!

Another quick question of much less import, is there a way I can jigger with the UI files to set a character's UI setting as the default for all new characters made? I have been just rolling a character, dumping out to windows and copy/pasting the character's UI file and renaming it to the new character.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 03-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been just rolling a character, dumping out to windows and copy/pasting the character's UI file and renaming it to the new character.
You answered your own question. The other option is to make your custom UI the default UI by renaming folders, but that is ill-advised. As for moving windows to appropriate locations, that's dependent on character specific values and are contained within the INI file for that character, so either do the copy/pasting you already do before you make the character, or log out real quick every time you make a new character.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Banned

So I have everything installed, and I can't get the game to run in full-screen mode now. I keep getting an error that says something about not being able to read a certain line or something. I just want to play without a window bar.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoKnRuiN1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I have everything installed, and I can't get the game to run in full-screen mode now. I keep getting an error that says something about not being able to read a certain line or something. I just want to play without a window bar.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How are you switching to full screen? Are you switching in game? Are you using the All Installer Tool and picking option (6)? Are you using ALT+Enter? Make sure to set the resolution to whatever your monitor supports. Most newer monitors are 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 or 1680x1050. Use Option (6) in the installer for switching.

Once set, try pressing ALT+ENTER that will make the game full screen.

If that doesnt work please post a screenshot of the error you are getting.
Last edited by Chrushev; 03-27-2013 at 07:42 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

I don't know if this has been answered before, but is there any way to see numbers for hp/mana on the velious style UI?