Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Default Fun website I found

I stumble across these ancient artifacts from time to time. This one in particular seemed extra interesting because it appears to have been created by the person who went on to create Thottbot, the WoW website.

For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.afterlifeguild.org/Thott/index.php
Old 04-24-2020, 09:38 AM
Kobold

So no normal person can ever hope of reaching 60 because the devs were fretting that neckbeards would mob Kunark and get bored after 2 weeks? That's interesting.

I think it's kind of funny that these decisions are made on the basis of the 1% of "hardcore" gamers--I think--to the detriment of the average player who'll likely never see end game content.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:22 AM
Banned

There are a lot of neat ideas on there... not sure if I would holeheartedly implement everywhere, the spell morphing is kinda lame and would be ridiculously overused in a game like wow.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlolizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So no normal person can ever hope of reaching 60 because the devs were fretting that neckbeards would mob Kunark and get bored after 2 weeks? That's interesting.

I think it's kind of funny that these decisions are made on the basis of the 1% of "hardcore" gamers--I think--to the detriment of the average player who'll likely never see end game content.
Later expansions catered to them, going so far as to push the game past the point where any RP mattered in their MMORPG game, removing the point for cities and dropping new players in a cave that PLs you.

Now you can raid on your mobile phone while you raid on PC. All the raid, all the time.

*Note: They did the same thing to RTS games by removing anything that wasn't MOBA. How many new games come out each year that are worth a damn? wooo min/max errything..can't wait to play Age of Empires 4 with the Xbox elite controller though!
Last edited by Mblake81; 04-24-2020 at 12:52 PM..
Old 04-24-2020, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

I think the assertion that it takes between 960 and 2400 hours to reach level 50 is interesting, along with the 1000 hours of played time to get to 60. That seems high to me, but I know things did take a lot longer when you have limited wiki style resources and have to figure stuff out.

The Kunark Problem essay matches my memory that /played reported time actually spent in game, rather than time since character creation like it does here. I would be curious (maybe also sad) to see what that number would be on Jayya.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:40 PM
Kobold

Granted I took the 'smell the roses' route through Blue but my 51 main there has like 600 days of /played time. It's enough to make me wonder if it's counting real time days or game days because...wow.
Old 04-24-2020, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

I remember Thott/Aftathott on Mith Marr
Old 04-24-2020, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Granted I took the 'smell the roses' route through Blue but my 51 main there has like 600 days of /played time. It's enough to make me wonder if it's counting real time days or game days because...wow.
/played doesn't work on P99 sadly.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/played doesn't work on P99 sadly.
very disappointing for me. I have mad memories of bragging that I had 2 months play time when I was 15 or so. LOL being a kid was great.
Closed Thread