Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 12-30-2022, 05:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Game starts at 60.
You're supposed to take the fancy L60 raid gear and expensive spells you spent all your time acquiring in NTOV and use them to help you defeat the next expansion but on P99 there is no next expansion.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[Protip]

Best Shaman race...

- Pre-60: the fun one
- Post-60: none

Me personally, I'm going for max strength and FSI to avoid being encumbered and stunned for 60 levels before I reroll. I'm not after a darwin award so I won't be raiding at 60 nor spending 100K on a L60 spell just so I can kill a baby dragon. No epics either. Working on epics on P99 is retarded.

Right now though I'm busy playing a blind Human Ranger. I'm about to ding sow, bish.
On second thoughts re: shaman race. Extra HP regen means extra mana which can be useful in sticky situations. Snare is also useful because runners are as annyng as stun and being encumbered..

TL;DR You f*ck yourself whichever race you pick.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Game starts at 60.
Maybe some games this is true.

But I dunno about classic EQ.

I would say 50-60+ is when it gets more interesting.

But I'd say EQ is a great example of "its about the journey, not the destination".
Old 12-30-2022, 08:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how everyone loves to declare this ... while completely ignoring or forgetting that back in the classic era we had Caster's Realm, Allakhazam, EQ Atlas, EQ Traders, forums for every single class (I think a couple classes even had multiple), sites or forums for major guilds ... and all sorts of other websites that have since been lost to time.

The wiki puts everything in one place, is more detailed than those sites, and has a few features (eg. the location Xs on maps) they didn't ... but to say it's "not Classic" is to admit you really don't know what classic was like. Today we might look at a map on a second monitor instead of printing it out and putting into a binder (like we did back in the day) ... but it's the same exact map the EQ Atlas guy drew 20+ years ago.
The wiki is like a stock market report. Not classic. There was no web site in classic that people alt tabbed to to check and dictate item prices.
Old 12-30-2022, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Our spell lists were great back then, castersrealm was very easy to read!
Old 12-31-2022, 03:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was no web site in classic that people alt tabbed to to check and dictate item prices.
And there it is, ladies and gentlemen. Butthurt over a deal. Why make a thread hating on p99 and the wiki thou? You must be the old bald guys neighbor grumbling behind a curtain about the engine revving
Old 12-31-2022, 11:20 AM
Orc

This newish trend of all the garbage spilling over into the Starting Zone really sucks. Your list order is even worse. JFC.
Old 12-31-2022, 11:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And there it is, ladies and gentlemen. Butthurt over a deal. Why make a thread hating on p99 and the wiki thou? You must be the old bald guys neighbor grumbling behind a curtain about the engine revving
The "Wikimedia Foundation" is not classic and neither are pride bunnies.
Old 12-31-2022, 11:53 AM
Kobold

Seller: "800pp"
Buyer: "Wrong. Wiki says 25pp"
Seller: "I think it's worth 800pp"
Buyer: "The Wiki doesn't"
Seller: "The wiki didn't camp it for 8 hours like it I did and die 3 times getting it"
Buyer: "But...but....the Wiki said it's 25pp not 800pp"
Seller: "The wiki isn't classic either and it's a 3rd party web site with skewed data...let's you and I make a deal that's fair for both of us...I camped this for 8 hours and died 3 times getting it...it's worth 800pp to me what's it worth to you?" I'll consider trades...
Buyer: "But...but...but...the wiki has spoken...you can't disobeye the wiki...you will be punished for disobeying the wiki"
Seller: "The wiki can suck my balls and so can you. Thank u, next"

--

Seller: "It's 200000pp"
Buyer: "Woah"
Seller: "Check the Wik if you don't believe me"
Buyer: "Wiki?"
Seller: "Yes, the all knowing and all seeing Infallible One says this item is worth 2000000pp"
Buyer: "Is the wiki classic?"
Seller: "No, and neither am I...muahahahaha...now f*ck off I got work to do"
Buyer: "How long did it take yu to acquire?"
Seller: "I said f*ck off can't you see I'm busy?"
Seller: "/auction WTS Cleric Epic, Shaman Epic, Rogue Epic, AON 350kpp, Torpor 100KPP, Pre-nerf loot sale on Circlet of Shadow, Runed Fighters Staff, Manastone, Elder Beads, Also selling NTOV loot PST"
Last edited by Gugg; 12-31-2022 at 11:59 AM..
Old 12-31-2022, 02:19 PM
Banned

imagine a forum poster in 1999 parroting (x10) times a day to be sure to check castersrealm, allakhazam, eqatlas, eqtraders for all things eq related
(lol)