Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

Default Anyone in the airforce field..

ive been struggling from a stuipid unfortunate event in my life for the past year, from placing myself around the wrong people at the wrong time making stupid decisions, and ive relized i need a new crowd sort of speak, so ive recently been drifting away from the outside world all my so called friends in attempt to keep myself out of troubles way. Ive been working for almost a year since the tragic stupid event, and becoming more and more fed up with the work/people drama.

Im basically looking for a fresh start on life, and was aiming towards the airforce as a better escape from the life and folks ive chose to live it with during my highschool years, but not sure how the airforce would go about accepting a 20 yearold with highschool diploma, a felony and 3 years of probation left. I assume since i have 3 years probation left that would be strike 1 against me joining, until i completed the full 3 years that is ( unless i get taken off early after paying the fines ) and still not sure how they deal with convicted felons.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Aviak

Who did you rape
Old 08-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Fire Giant

Gotta get off probation before you can get into the military. You won't get in the airforce with a record. Army is your best option and even they're being selective again and have dropped most bonuses from most MOSes. If you go army, you're going to be one of 5 things: Cook, Combat Engineer, Fueler, Waterdog, Driver.
Last edited by mmiles8; 08-11-2010 at 07:46 PM..
Old 08-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Kobold

Marine Corps brah...

Most branches of service will see you and talk to you while you're on probation. 3 years is a lengthy amount of time. People have been allowed with probationary periods at a year or less.

Whether or not it was a violent crime makes a big difference.

Also... I know many people who went the military route for a wide array of reasons. Some people with the highest hopes were let down and others with shitty attitudes completely embraced it. It's a serious decision and a serious commitment. Take a step back and analyze your reasoning and options. Thinking you have no hope and it's your only option isn't a good idea to join.

Best of Luck.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whether or not it was a violent crime makes a big difference.
And if it had anything related to domestic violence you won't get in because its illegal to give anyone convicted of it a weapon.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if it had anything related to domestic violence you won't get in because its illegal to give anyone convicted of it a weapon.
Yes, but can you give them a tank?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 08-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Sarnak

Marines, they might even work with the courts to get you off probation...depending on what you did.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Sarnak

I appreciate all the advice and insight, and im not really looking to join as just a "way out", i find myself pretty interested in the majority of the work there. But the answer to the crime, no i did not rape anyone haha, and as far as i know its a nonviolent crime of burglary. So im guessing my best bet to figure all this out would be to go and talk to a recruiter about the situation, after the probation period is over and the judge has dropped it off my record.. but that leads to another question, do i tell them that i have a criminal background, or lie and hope they dont figure out...
Old 08-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

I imagine they will do a pretty extensive back ground check, so don't lie.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Banned

You won't get into any military branch with a felony.
Closed Thread