Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 07-11-2023, 10:40 PM
Large Bat

Default Cazic thule conj spec shamans

Was talking to this guy today, said basically everyone doing it wrong. CT for fear clickies instead of the snare clicky for interrupting casters and getting full dot damage and chain fears i would imagine (in my experience, snare clicky blows, but i never leveled too high), and something about how alt spec increases slow resists something about how when the spec saves you mana it actually increases resist rates. He then logged out, after showing me a pic of him in a GM room. I'm inclined to believe him lol. But there's very little on forums about this, and in the few threads there are, like 99% are saying the opposite. I don't even play a shaman anymore but it peaked my interest.
Last edited by kazza2ud; 07-11-2023 at 10:53 PM..
Old 07-11-2023, 11:44 PM
Large Bat

He also said iksar best race (of course you look in forums and its all JBB stuff), but didn't elaborate too much. Is it maybe stone of morid? I don't know much about these things.
Old 07-12-2023, 01:24 AM
Sarnak

1 ... snare neck is pretty legit as a sham it the one thing you really can't, minus a few items that will do it for you via proc or click. It is really nice to have.

2...Fear is okay but once again you have no snare ability so you have a mob running around full speed and you banking on the fact it doesn't run into other crap. You have slow ... just kite root slow tell it lands and win the game. Plus as big race (troll, ogre, barb) you get slam which is sick perk.

3....jbb is great but most of the time if your throwing dots and torp, slows and canni dancing you don't have jbb except in some solo stuff but epic + bane + poxx will smash down most stuff quick enough . But for leveling jbb is pretty much how you win.. slow jbb it to death lol...

4 ... race so much talk over this.... ogre for stun immunity, troll for snare neck/regen, iksar for regen and ac bonus... and the you come to me shit barbarian that gets none of the cool stuff and can't see without buff... lol it all depends on what you wanna stare at for the rest of that toons life. They all have perks and downfalls play what you like .. and have fun min max is so over rated ...

This is eq let's be honest if your getting shit on by a mob no stun immunity... regen tick is gonna save you... eq wants you dead you die. =)

Just my 2 cents...
Last edited by Mojoz_Mon; 07-12-2023 at 01:53 AM..
Old 07-12-2023, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

I made a guide on Shaman races a while back: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide

You are correct that the snare clicky isn't that good. It has a long cast time and only lasts 6 ticks, not to mention it has a low percentage snare. I made a video showing an example of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qGq5PZbMXc . I am using scepter of the forlorn since I am an Ogre, but it is Clinging Darkness all the same. I wish it had a longer duration, then you could pull by snaring a mob away from it's spawn point, camping, and letting the adds path back. With a 36 second duration you are spending basically the entire duration camping though, so it doesn't really work. If you really need to do that for a key mob, you can use https://wiki.project1999.com/Ball_of_Burlap_Yarn , which all Shaman races can use, and the duration is much longer. You can also have multiple of that item since it isn't lore.

The CT fear clickies don't get as much mileage as you would hope, since they are limited to animals and undead specifically. There aren't a ton of animal/undead casters that are worth targeting in the high levels, so the ability to interrupt those kinds of casters ends up being mostly moot, unless you really like camping loot in Howling Stones. Maybe it could get some use in SG, but that place isn't very good for a Shaman to solo in to begin with.

His ideas about specialization don't make any sense to me. I am not sure where he got the idea that specializations modify resists rates in any manner. As far as I know that is completely false.
Old 07-12-2023, 02:45 AM
Large Bat

Thanks for replies guys I didn't mean to beat a dead horse with this stuff, just some of his comments had me raisin' my eyebrows. Obviously all these things are personal preference and probably don't matter too much in the end. I just think it's easy to fall into the trap of just assuming you are right about everything (been there before) so was just was wondering if I was missing some grand secret, tryin to keep an open mind :P. I vaguely knew about the fear clickies but wasn't sure how useful they were in practice. This seemed to be the focus of his argument. And the resist thing.. I was scratching my head. I probably shouldn't have just said "oh yea and he said iksar is the best" mic drop. I don't have any details there and just seems random. I think he just likes iksars.

This pic kinda blew my mind though. https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...4&d=1607487400
And he said they got the GM killed too which is kinda funny.
Last edited by kazza2ud; 07-12-2023 at 03:14 AM..
Old 07-12-2023, 03:22 AM
Large Bat

Ok I think it was Xano or Xanthro or whatever haha callin you out man explain. You can't drop bombs on impressionable young noobs like that without repercussions lol. I'm sure he won't mind the publicity :P

https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...7&d=1607407977
Last edited by kazza2ud; 07-12-2023 at 03:44 AM..
Old 07-12-2023, 04:07 AM
Large Bat

btw those pics are from years ago -- don't mean to dig up old news! but it was news to me and I guess made me consider his words a little more than I usually would some rando. and peaked interest cuz i'm thinking of starting an alt shaman to level with a buddy of mine. my default would be troll innu with snare clicky and alt spec so i was like hmm
Last edited by kazza2ud; 07-12-2023 at 04:36 AM..
Old 07-12-2023, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazza2ud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
btw those pics are from years ago -- don't mean to dig up old news! but it was news to me and I guess made me consider his words a little more than I usually would some rando. and peaked interest cuz i'm thinking of starting an alt shaman to level with a buddy of mine. my default would be troll innu with snare clicky and alt spec so i was like hmm
Yeah troll is a great choice. JBB + Troll Regen + Snare neck is going to be fun!
Old 07-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Shaman race has been debated heavily on these forums. You really can't go wrong with any of them. Barb for faction/jbb, troll for regen/jbb/snare, iksar for robe/regen, ogre for jbb/fsi

Even if the conjure spec thing were true, I'm not sure I'd want to do it. Between all the buffs, torpor, and slows you will be casting, I'd still take the mana savings over theoretical chance of slow landing better. We could potentially test this on a slow resistant mob though and change spec. But I'm not sure anyone cares to do that.
Old 07-12-2023, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman race has been debated heavily on these forums. You really can't go wrong with any of them. Barb for faction/jbb, troll for regen/jbb/snare, iksar for robe/regen, ogre for jbb/fsi

Even if the conjure spec thing were true, I'm not sure I'd want to do it. Between all the buffs, torpor, and slows you will be casting, I'd still take the mana savings over theoretical chance of slow landing better. We could potentially test this on a slow resistant mob though and change spec. But I'm not sure anyone cares to do that.
Yeah it would be tough to get enough data to say definitively if there was a difference between the specializations, unless the modifier was large enough to consistently skew the data one way or the other.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-12-2023 at 10:49 AM..