Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-05-2022, 03:50 AM
Planar Protector

29 pages of pointless arguing. Everyone participating in this thread came here already entrenched in whatever position they hold on the topic. Nobody here is ever going to convince anyone else here to change their opinion on this topic. Stop literally wasting your lives.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
29 pages of pointless arguing. Everyone participating in this thread came here already entrenched in whatever position they hold on the topic. Nobody here is ever going to convince anyone else here to change their opinion on this topic. Stop literally wasting your lives.
Welcome to the Off-Topic elf forum, where we have different hobbies than you
Old 05-05-2022, 08:34 AM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome to the Off-Topic elf forum, where we have different hobbies than you
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2022, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
My current stance is to oppose abortion on the grounds it reduces future cheap labor.

My definition of abortion is the killing of a fetus when it kind of looks like a baby.

I'm flexible on both, not having any real skin in the game.

I am completely against the current jurisprudence, which allows...uhh...what's the current terminology the kids use... person with spread open legs to terminate a pregnancy to escape a lifetime of financial and legal obligations while denying that to the person with a hot load of cum. I don't feel a person with a hot load of cum should have to pay child support if they offered to pay for a timely abortion.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:45 AM
Banned

No one dies from natural causes anymore really...the news propagandists occasionally post about some 80 year old + dude but even a lot of them don't die in their sleep peacefully when they could have lived to 300 +

Anyway most people are collectively aborted. Unless you're like cool. Than you get a fresh infusion of babyjuices. Everyone knows this.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Debate is for the people reading the thread and not participating. You can change the minds of those people. Of course the person you are debating will not change their mind easily. Otherwise it wouldn't really be a debate[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2022, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-05-2022, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Notice how quickly we shut the hell up about Ukraine? It went from "oh the Russians are killing those helpless innocent Ukrainians!" to "oh they might not let us kill helpless innocent babies anymore!"
Old 05-05-2022, 09:40 AM
Banned

I didn't it's just pointless to post about it because you won't nuke them. And ZcDynkelskkaisz wins anyway.

My main issue is we stopped getting any decent news tidbits. I know the Ukrainians may have allegedyly took a huge loss of 200 civilian casualties in one of their steelworks probably thats about it.

meanwhile russia continues to lose kinda expensive military hardware and comms stuff

at least we could nuke orbit so all the sats went down, butt that would actually probably bennifit russia because their tech guys are crap vs our amazeballz elon muskies

----- honestly on the topic of replying to threads and actually having a debate... in off topic, i kinda don't give a shit what your opinion is you are entitled to it it's not my job to convince you not to be dumb and or bad

so i'm kinda trying to limit my posting to a few little /s(atanic) blips and quips poking fun at dumb shit. Like what it actually means to be a person in this country (nothing lol)

I would rather be a corporation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and a lobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by starkind; 05-05-2022 at 09:45 AM..
Old 05-05-2022, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Ignoring any potential negative societal effects from declaring any sort of abortion murder, it presents a heck of a lot of practical issues that need to be dealt with:

Bringing a human into the world is a long, often unsuccessful and often dangerous process (especially for the human being brought into the world.) If we adopt the view that any abortion is murder, does that mean that anytime a woman is pregnant and then ceases to be, that we need the government to conduct an investigation? Miscarriages are common, probably 1/3 of pregnancies end in miscarriage. There are probably thousands of cases yearly where American women are pregnant, miscarry, and don't even know it.

If you're saying humanity begins at conception, then should all these humans be given the same rights and protections as any US citizen? If the answer is yes, then what solution can we give that doesn't involve policing every woman's body? Should all miscarriages be investigated? If a woman does not do exactly as prescribed in order to bring a healthy baby into the world (maybe she ate fast food a few times) is she now guilty of manslaughter? Criminal negligence?

What about ectopic pregnancies? A fertilized egg that has 0% chance of viability and is dangerous to the mother. If there's abortion in that case, is that murder? What about cases where known birth defects mean a child will be born with life expectancies of less than a year? Less than a month? Are abortions in that case murder?

Aside from the from the physical difficulties of childbirth, the responsibilities, the inconveniences of pregnancy, pregnancy almost always takes a much bigger emotional toll on the woman than the man. Miscarriages of wanted pregnancies can devastate mothers emotionally, even miscarriages of unwanted or unplanned pregnancies can take an enormous emotional toll on the mother. To then weigh on them the potential to have their privacy invaded and suspicion turned on them of somehow killing their baby to me seems cruel. And yet, if you subscribe to the black and white view that abortion is murder, and that a conceived child is a human, full stop, I don't see how you can reconcile that without being exceptionally cruel to mothers in their darkest hour.