Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

As a level 57 necro fighting level 40/41 mobs (was light blue, now green con) I had a few Paralyzing Earth breaks as soon as the first server tick after the root landed occurred (with no dots or nukes on the mob).

As in, I opened with PE, and a regen tick happened and the PE fell off.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Banned

Gotta say I'm glad all this is getting adjusted.

Mezzes, charms and roots breaking and not lasting ridiculous periods = 8).
Old 06-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Resists are bugged, Lifetap line should not resist on green trash. I had this happen last night while farming Grachnist.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-26-2014, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

Fix the resist rates on mobs please. Lifetaps should NOT be resisted by green trash mobs. Roots should not be breaking on green mobs not taking direct damage. Roots in general should be lasting full duration against normal mob much lower level than the player. The only exception would be named mobs or mobs with innately higher MR which was how it was working previously. It's painfully obvious that something was changed with resists when lifetaps are being resisted by green con mobs.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 06-27-2014, 12:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Evidence?
It's probably out there if you dig it... I won't because it's how it works currently and all I can say is that it feels classic, even if it's bad for my class (enchanter). I remember Aradune commenting on it back in the days about people complaining about greens resisting, saying that they didn't want guarantees in this game and that's why there was a minimum resist rate.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:35 AM
Aviak

I'm 100% sure there has been a change to resist checks for some spells. Having rooted hundreds (if not thousands) of DB mobs as a l60 shaman with PE with 0 resists and full duration, I had a green con Kor Shaman in Lower Guk outright resist it yesterday. Not sure if classic or not, but definitely different than before the patch.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Resists are bugged, Lifetap line should not resist on green trash. I had this happen last night while farming Grachnist.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm, multiple lifetap resists vs droga mobs at lvl 55.

PE just broke on a lvl 35 mob in mistmoore, on the first tick.

Really needs looking in to.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Roots lasting full duration on blue+ con mobs wasn't classic. But on green mobs it shouldn't be breaking quickly at all. It should preform a resist check every tick and determine if it breaks that tick I believe.

I've never heard of a resist chance fail set at 5% for all mobs. Tradeskills had a 5% hardcoded fail for all combines that could fail... Never heard about it on spells though. A change like that needs some evidence though before I give it my classic stamp of approval.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roots lasting full duration on blue+ con mobs wasn't classic. But on green mobs it shouldn't be breaking quickly at all. It should preform a resist check every tick and determine if it breaks that tick I believe.

I've never heard of a resist chance fail set at 5% for all mobs. Tradeskills had a 5% hardcoded fail for all combines that could fail... Never heard about it on spells though. A change like that needs some evidence though before I give it my classic stamp of approval.
Where's the 5% from?
Old 06-27-2014, 09:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta say I'm glad all this is getting adjusted.

Mezzes, charms and roots breaking and not lasting ridiculous periods = 8).
Mez never had a chance to break early through a resist.

Not for any class, not for any spell.

Basically stop trolling, being unhindered by knowledge of the topic, and being happy about adjustments that were made by accident, yea ..
Closed Thread