Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 04:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I understand velious mobs hit harder and have more hp. What exactly is the perk to leveling in velious besides novelty?
I'm surprised people are still there other than for item camps and raiding.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:27 AM
Planar Protector

I was doing the frenzy camp on my SK earlier in the week. Must have been there 5-6 hours, made 10% of 57.

Also went to Kael arena to faction up a bit. One death and I never clawed back the XP loss on a 90% rez.

"It's there for those that want it"
Old 08-09-2015, 04:29 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Been like three or four soloers in CoM the last few times I've gone during prime time. I'm a little high for Dreadlands, and a little low for Sebilis. Suppose I could check out KC, but I've been loathe to trash my OT faction. The zones are not nearly as populated as they used to be.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:32 AM
Planar Protector

when things settle down in a week or two, the majority of the leveling population will return to kunark. velious offers nothing new in terms of exp zone replacements. post-nerf velks will be the only challenger, but even that will be farmed for loot too much to be competitive xp.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really on blue even? Zones like City of Mist are still open for business almost 24/7 on red, other zones like seb you gotta make a group usually.
Zone is populated? Sounds like a great testbed.

KC is ghost town.

A few ranger twinks soloing there, lucky to start a 3 man group in the off hours!
Old 08-09-2015, 07:12 AM
Sarnak

I know this is off topic from the thread title, but due to the last few responses bring about old world, I figured I'd add to the fire.

I've had an absolute blast in KC since velious release date on. Mostly empty, if there is one group there, there is still plenty of room to have another with no contested mobs. Every time I've been to seb, one, two, or three of crypt/NG/disco have been open. CoM moat and level 2 usually open. Plenty of places to exp in old world ! Not for long, though. Most of the population will soon figure it out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this is off topic from the thread title, but due to the last few responses bring about old world, I figured I'd add to the fire.

I've had an absolute blast in KC since velious release date on. Mostly empty, if there is one group there, there is still plenty of room to have another with no contested mobs. Every time I've been to seb, one, two, or three of crypt/NG/disco have been open. CoM moat and level 2 usually open. Plenty of places to exp in old world ! Not for long, though. Most of the population will soon figure it out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah very true. Probably faster XP. I looked up, and there really is NO zone in Velious that has a good, great ZeM.

But damn, the loot is great. Some Big upgrades for not a lot more work. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

I remember soloing some critters in the mines in thurg at like 35? Seemed like good exp but that was live so *shrug*
Old 08-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

for 45-50, theres 3 Ogre Mercs that spawn in the north part of the zone where giant guards spawn. They are easily quaddable (just snag a wandering walrus or Ulthork) and have low HP. They also give +CoV faction
Old 08-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Rangers that want to pass the time can panic animal the cougars for some solo exp that is easy to manage while watching movies.

Cool rangers can panic animal in EW some big elephant dudes. Bring a swarm caller.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread