Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Wait, what is a Deadly Strike?
Old 02-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

It's a critical hit rogues get with throwing weapons. Most rogues go with bows (for the damage and stats) but "cool" rogues use shurikens or knives/daggers. Deadly strikes don't happen with bows, but bows typically do more damage overall anyways.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Kobold

Throwing weapons also have woefully low range. A good bow with some fletched arrows has 3-4x the range of your standard fare throwing weapon.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me. I use a bow if Im pulling, but what kinda shurikens or daggers do these "cool" rogues use?
Old 02-13-2016, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok thanks for clearing that up for me. I use a bow if Im pulling, but what kinda shurikens or daggers do these "cool" rogues use?
They don't. Rogues use bows with stats and long range arrows strictly for pulling - never to DPS. The thrown weapons make a white crit emote on a deadly strike. Some people just like to see their own name spammed. That kind of vanity is the complete opposite of "cool" though.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:58 PM
Fire Giant

Shurikens are the go to for most people. Some use daggers/knives because they can be summoned.

EverQuest is a roleplaying game. In that regard, most rogues should use throwing weapons. Instead, many choose to min-max, whereas some like the range for pulling, etc. There are a lot of reasons for both weapons.

At the end of the day, you're playing a game for your enjoyment. Asking for advice or opinions is fine, but do what you want with that information.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:40 AM
Planar Protector

Forged Javelins are pretty easy to make and IIRC stackable. Something like 125 or 200 range. Not much of a roguely weapon, but tbh the thrown weapon ranges are pretty useless for pulling.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Auto attack and proxymity aggro are best pulling tools.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EverQuest is a roleplaying game. In that regard, most rogues should use throwing weapons. Instead, many choose to min-max, whereas some like the range for pulling, etc. There are a lot of reasons for both weapons.
I see where you are coming from, but I dont agree a rogue should use throwing weapons for roleplaying reasons...a "rogue" could just as well use a bow, what ever it takes is what a rogue must do. My old dungeons n dragons rogues carried a bow and other long range weaponry like a blowgun.
Im up for using whatever fits the bill. If I can pull with a throwing weapon now and then it would be cool, but I will ofcourse use a bow if the range implies it. Anything else is stupid and also kinda poor "roleplaying" if you ask me.

I was hoping someone could link me what these rogues carry in their arsenal, but I guess Mrylokars are part of it.

I appricieate all the input coming into this thread =)
Old 02-16-2016, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Yes I am into Roleplaying in someways, I take some clues from my old DnD chars, who was always rogue. I do my "solo missions", its very rogueish behaviour to me, inside lowlevel dungeons to grab small magical items to use, fex.

I am not MinMaxing in anyway, so carrying stuff around that helps me out in a solo(not for exp) situation is nice.
Closed Thread