Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 08:42 PM
Sarnak

"Hey Johnny, how'd you spend your Christmas"

*picks nose*

*eats booger*

"Well acktchually, I was busy typing up a report on why our guild was cheated out of high priority raid targets"
Old 12-31-2020, 09:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So maybe consider that these people losing their minds over some dragon pixel, really do need your emotional support, wisdom and grace.

I'm not saying to do anything. I'm just trying to suggest that while you are here and lookin inward at the trainwreck from without, consider, whatever it is, that you can be a voice of peace and solace. Some bit of guidance.
My guidance would be for people to chill the fuck out and learn to let shit go when they don't get as many mobs as they think they should. Like Littul John said, this is supposed to be a video game. You know, Mega Man and shit like that? It should be a source of fun and relaxation, not rage. Those mobs will be up next week, and the week after that, and so on until the end of time.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My guidance would be for people to chill the fuck out and learn to let shit go when they don't get as many mobs as they think they should. Like Littul John said, this is supposed to be a video game. You know, Mega Man and shit like that? It should be a source of fun and relaxation, not rage. Those mobs will be up next week, and the week after that, and so on until the end of time.
Tensions are still a little high when a Guild Leader logs into another guild's bot and fails to train them on 3 separate occasions, then tries to get that guild suspended for the failed training (that he did), then lies to the GMs, then gets suspended but still plays all of his guild's shared accounts during his suspension.

I wasn't here for any of that though. However, it did make me want to come back to p99 after hearing about it. Shit's gettin' real out here!
Old 12-31-2020, 10:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsjb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tensions are still a little high when a Guild Leader logs into another guild's bot and fails to train them on 3 separate occasions, then tries to get that guild suspended for the failed training (that he did), then lies to the GMs, then gets suspended but still plays all of his guild's shared accounts during his suspension.

I wasn't here for any of that though. However, it did make me want to come back to p99 after hearing about it. Shit's gettin' real out here!
That sounds like ass, but there's always gonna be bad blood. Someone will always have some past grievence to point to.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sounds like ass, but there's always gonna be bad blood. Someone will always have some past grievence to point to.
Truth; although to be fair.. I think that "past grievance" is technically still banned today until mid January? (I wasn't here, I'd have to try to dig that thread up). This is a fairly fresh wound.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsjb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truth; although to be fair.. I think that "past grievance" is technically still banned today until mid January? (I wasn't here, I'd have to try to dig that thread up). This is a fairly fresh wound.
Yeah, just based on what I've seen, every conversation around raid infractions goes like this:

"Oh yeah, what about that thing that you did?"

"Oh YEAH?! What about that thing YOU did?"

And this continues until someone logs out.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Yeah, just based on what I've seen, every conversation around raid infractions goes like this:

"Oh yeah, what about that thing that you did?"

"Oh YEAH?! What about that thing YOU did?"

And this continues until someone logs out.
Wrong.. on all counts..

It should read: And this continues long after someone logs out

Then restarts as being that someone was rude for leaving mid-conversation which is another grievance to start the cycle mentioned above.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:32 PM
Banned

5 straight blocks on the way here
Old 12-31-2020, 11:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think anyone who still plays this, whether you’re in the “good guy guild” or “bad guy guild” needs to take a hard look in the mirror before clicking login. If you can say with a straight face that this is what’s required to relive my dreams of raiding in EQ well maybe it’s time to let those dreams go lol.

Any GMs out there, the way you kill this, stop allowing multiple accounts. No more coth or idol bots, no more plvlers and porters, none of that.

You want to keep the coffers open then don’t complain too much when the you receive a thesis paper from some angry elves...
Come on Littul, you know they don't have the power to enforce this.

Hell, the guild leader of a certain guild (that we can't talk about) was banned for a month but has continued to play the entire time! Hell, he even has a bunch of DKP to show for it!

If you think they can't prevent one person from playing tons of accounts, what makes you think they can merge them?
Old 01-01-2021, 03:34 AM
Kobold

I’m not talking about preventing people from logging on other’s accounts, I’m talking about wiping ALL accounts except one per person. COTH Bots, idol accounts, trackers, etc weren’t “classic” when we were paying for accounts. Making an account free allows anyone to be banned and still play. Wipe all the bot accounts and see how people play when they only have their characters to play.