Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 07:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

They will reply to your thread and let you know. It will also get moved to the "resolved" section.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:20 PM
Large Rat

Default Request for permission two accounts one IP address???

How did you apply for the IP exemption? Here in a thread? I messaged Rogean and another GM personally. Havent heard anything yet. :-( I would like my grandson to play with me sometimes and our ISP doesnt give us another IP address? I dont understand all of it exactly. Someone said VPN but that looks way to complex.

Good luck to us all. lol
Old 03-03-2020, 03:22 PM
Large Rat

Thank you! I love Old EQ! I dont play often as I would if I could play with a friend or grandkid.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:47 AM
Large Rat

Default Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you know your IP exemption is granted? Do you just have to keep trying to login on the two computers until it lets you? It's been over a week so far and i'm just wondering if they send a message or post on my petition thread or if i just keep trying.
They sent me an Email to the forum account I used to apply for an exemption.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:05 PM
Large Rat

Thank you. I got my exemption! Safe from virus in Norrath.... Be well!
Old 03-27-2020, 01:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

How long is the exemption requests taking currently? With the corona virus I've been WFH and watching some twitch streams of everquest made me nostalgic and I talked to my brother and some friends about it and we are wanting to play together. Unfortunately my brother and I live together so it's kind of like the old days when we were growing up and only had 1 computer to play on
Old 04-06-2020, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seetherrr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long is the exemption requests taking currently? With the corona virus I've been WFH and watching some twitch streams of everquest made me nostalgic and I talked to my brother and some friends about it and we are wanting to play together. Unfortunately my brother and I live together so it's kind of like the old days when we were growing up and only had 1 computer to play on
Based on the timing of Joyelle's posts, looks like 2 - 3 weeks, maybe? I'm guessing it has to do with timing and how often they process the batches of IP exemptions. It's probably a manual process because of the nature of the request, so they probably let them accumulate a bit before working them.

Two days ago, I applied for one for my SO and I. We're stuck inside for the most part and she tried EQ a bit an seems to like it! So we're gonna start a Druid and Paladin duo. Hopefully they get processed soon, cause we're itching to play together.
Last edited by Gamkek; 04-06-2020 at 02:06 PM..
Old 04-07-2020, 12:20 AM
Large Rat

Default Free Vpn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seetherrr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can install a free VPN like Windscribe on one of the computers to be able to play at the same time. I did that till my wife's exemption came through.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

They've always done em in batches, so you'll just have to wait. Seems like alot more active GMs now so you wont have to wait that long, just be patient
Old 04-07-2020, 05:17 PM
Kobold

My wife and I just got our IP exemption. I think it took like 3 or 4 days tops. And that was over the weekend.