Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-26-2023, 10:01 PM
Large Rat

Default Epic Woes

I know the big ticket item is the green emerald from VSR for druids, that I know of, but is it truly a 20K purchase for a spawned NPC?

Is there any epic that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I stopped playing my bard because the epic is absolutely a pipe dream and everything is bottlenecked by specific players/groups.

I'm just salty. I feel my characters will never see their epic, because grinding astronomical amounts of plat for a silly lore item is stupid, and not EverQuest.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immasnek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know the big ticket item is the green emerald from VSR for druids, that I know of, but is it truly a 20K purchase for a spawned NPC?

Is there any epic that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I stopped playing my bard because the epic is absolutely a pipe dream and everything is bottlenecked by specific players/groups.

I'm just salty. I feel my characters will never see their epic, because grinding astronomical amounts of plat for a silly lore item is stupid, and not EverQuest.
20k is nothing specially for a druid that can at worst Port and get that, other epics way worse (except rogue)

Edit: join kittens and ask zumbutu to get your epic, every kitten gets a free druid or monk epic
Old 06-26-2023, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immasnek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

bro people want 1+ million fuckin' platinum for an earth staff for mage epic

20k is nothing, you're just broke.

repeat after me:

Quote:
/ooc Porting to ALL druid locations, PST
Old 06-26-2023, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

People sell rogue and cleric epics for like 20 or 30k… something like that.
Old 06-27-2023, 04:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Epics generally cost zero plat. There is no game mechanic forcing you to delete 20k. That isn’t Everquest.

I suggest spending the time that it would take to solo 20k into actually being sociable and developing the relationships and influence required to complete the fight instead of paying for it.

Pretty much any guild I’m aware of is happy to do the fight for free, even for apps. It’s a much faster and more satisfying route.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Last edited by Jimjam; 06-27-2023 at 04:27 AM..
Old 06-27-2023, 04:40 AM
Sarnak

Are you in a guild? Are you helping other people get their epics?
Old 06-27-2023, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Any guild of decent size does VSR. It's not really that contested. And it doesn't even have to be some big time raid guild as VSR doesn't take many people...mainly just a couple enchanters to chain cast rune on the tank. Shit even Dial A Port will help you kill VSR on their alts if you're in that guild.
Old 06-27-2023, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

time to fire up that port macro
Old 06-27-2023, 12:04 PM
Large Rat

Yes I'm guided, and I k ow I'll always get help there, and I'm pretty social on p99. I was just ranting.l as lost of players said they paid the 20k for it....
Old 06-27-2023, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Yes I'm guided, and I k ow I'll always get help there, and I'm pretty social on p99. I was just ranting.l as lost of players said they paid the 20k for it....
U a little drunky drunk this morning sunshine?