Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine being 40, overweight, diabetic, underemployed, and being EXTREMELY UPSET at how often a mystical mana globe appears on disposable elf world #262678
Very original.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what people are saying from Teal about manastone drop rates, it really is sounding like Green just has awful luck. There were people saying 4 manastones dropped on teal yesterday, and Green has gone over 24 hours without a manastone drop at this point.

Getting a manastone on Green at the moment in under 40 hours would require some good luck, #1 on the list has been here over 50 hours, #2 has been here roughly 48 hours, #3 has been here 40 hours, so it would require a really lucky stretch of drops to be able to get one in under 40 hours.
The most important question is are they using socks, ziplock bags, or socks inside of ziplock bags?
Old 11-12-2019, 03:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green has gone over 24 hours without a manastone drop at this point.

Getting a manastone on Green at the moment in under 40 hours would require some good luck, #1 on the list has been here over 50 hours, #2 has been here roughly 48 hours, #3 has been here 40 hours, so it would require a really lucky stretch of drops to be able to get one in under 40 hours.
anti-camp radius /nod

*trains out of the zone without warning*
Old 11-12-2019, 04:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing causing that is the /list system. Instead of calling for free manastones for everyone you should be calling for the removal of /list.

Also, do you have any proof that anyone who has looted a manastone has been up for 48 hours? I don't think it has even gotten to the 24 hour mark from what I've seen.
Dude I literally got to 42? hours and shut down. I couldnt even type the codes in properly and the adds for youtube videos woke me up twice. Sat on a wooden box instead of a chair so my body was forced to stay upright and not 'rest'. Someone took over for me while i slept 5 hours.

Guy ahead of me passed out for 30mins at #1 and lost his spot before he got a stone. He had been there 45 hours straight.

Guy behind me has been on for 50hours now, is still #3. Hasn't logged off once.

Guy currently ahead of me at #1 currently goes LD occasionally and i suspect has changed humans once or twice.

Guy 2 slots behind me in 4th is at 35hrs or so i think now. 5th is in the 30's too. And a bunch are 20+ through to 8 or 9.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:14 AM
Fire Giant

Comparing this to any other camp is laughable, I thought I made that clear in my first post that I've done every single 'hardcore' camp there is to do in p99's history, and this is by far significantly harder. Pained soul for 60 hours is a fucking dream, I'll do that ANY day nonstop, as I can have 5min microsleeps, and if I afk 15mins to walk my dog I don't lose my camp. 30 hours straight for verix about 2 months ago was nothing for me, doesnt even rate a mention in the top 20 for shitty camps ive done. This manastone shit is soul destroying and physically demanding.

That said there should be a solution, not whinging.

Possible solutions in my eyes:

Make manastone 2 different items. Make the ones that drop on green and teal no-drop "a manastone" to remove this cross server bullshit for potential server mergers or changes. Make the normal manastone also drop and just be ridiculous rare like spirit wracked cords were. So rare it doesn't rate a mention as a speculative drop, just a nice treat for someone lucky enough.

Add an ability to "/list afk 60" Where you can afk for 60mins and keep your spot on the list and advance on the list without doing afk checks. But you can only do so every 4 hours.

Add an ability to /list afk sleep, where your position gets paused in the list, others can overtake you as the list moves, so you could stay position 5 while sleeping and position 6 goes to 4, as something is looted. Stays current for 8 hours, only able to do once per day.

Make all list positions IP locked. No change of IP allowed. Or MAC address locked so you cant change devices for instance. Or add geofencing to the IP so you cant change IP's from an area (so as an australian in Brisbane I'd need to have someone at least in my city, at least allowing my IP to change at ISP level). You should be one human per camp, not one toon.

Have list position decay if you fail afk checks. So fail a check = knocked back 2 positions from 1 to 3, or 3 to 5 etc. Not from 1 to nonexistent.
Last edited by Solist; 11-12-2019 at 04:25 AM..
Old 11-12-2019, 04:38 AM
Planar Protector

11 people at eye and the number 1 guy has been there 60 hours. someone really is gonna die there
Old 11-12-2019, 04:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
11 people at eye and the number 1 guy has been there 60 hours. someone really is gonna die there
Yea, I'm all for items being rare on EQ, and people needing to work to get those rare items, but this goes back to what I was talking about earlier. The amount of time you are required to spend on the list to get a Manastone is so large that it's either impossible for 1 individual to do, or incredibly unhealthy.

If you really want to do Manastone right now you should be prepared to account share with some friends so you can all get sleep, take showers, cook dinner, a single individual can't really do any of those things while maintaining their spot on the list.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Must have gone through the whole Marvel catalogue by now.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:13 AM
Planar Protector

I've been reading this and must say this is an actual threat to the P99 community. The staff really needs to address this. The /list at the EE camp is a huge fail at this point.

I also know for a fact that the manastone should be the common drop. When EQ first launched Verant had no clue how powerful the stone was. Get this, even though the stone was common, nobody bothered to camp it, until one day some dude realized how powerful of an item it was, then it caught on like fire. Several months after launch Verant decided to make it more rare. Then, even later, they removed it all together.

True story.

On Red launch the stone dropped commonly. I know. I was there. We saw several a day drop without even a line. My suggestion. Make it drop like 75% of the time like it should be.

/thread
Old 11-12-2019, 05:32 AM
Fire Giant

After 27.5 hours between manastone drops, one just dropped for Pine. Soo happy for him!
Closed Thread