Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 10:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Read this while on the john at work. Had one of my coworkers in the stall next to me and I was basically convulsing and making random noises trying to hold my laughter in. I finally completely lost it and bellowed out after reading "Cactus: magic or luck?" at the end.

Definitely the best thread I've ever read anywhere.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somewhere in the real world, some very lucky cactus is running around with eyes.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2015, 11:10 AM
Banned

You know, The Picard <Starfleet> once put eyes on a warp core breach.

I feel like a cactus would be kind of old hat after using an anti-matter explosion as your canvas.

Magic, luck... or The Picard?

Old 02-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Large Bat

Friends I am happy when I see there is interest in this problem Thank you for all ideas I think we have many theores of what is could be the cause of cactus. We can have a vote in game onto what we believe the true story later but for now I think there are top theories that we agree:

1. MAGIC: Many ppl of u say there is magic in everquest and I think this is my vote as well. Lerocki and skwarp both say that GOD is at play and this is include in magic I think. I do not mean to offend if you are believe in GOD. Anyways you can tell me if u think different but there is probably magic afoot. I do not think that cactus Is like sarnak or “nibbler” as those are make believe name but a cactus is in real life too. Ok

2. DRUGS: one comment guy that it could be drugs but I do not see drugs in the game but maybe for shaman potions… but this make me think more about the problem. It is not the cocane as u say, but maybe a shaman could give cactus drugs and he come alive. But why cactus? Why not statue or maybe a strong thing I like mountain to life? Also I do not see how if u putting drugs on cactus it will come alife so I must think that this is also truely falling under MAGIC.

3. THE PICARD: I do not know much of what the picard is but the theory sounds very much like scientific to me so I will trust u as expert. I will think about legend from game I have no read about yet. “Wrap core breach” as you say could very be a possibility as I mention in earlier post that there is a BIG HOLE in the zone which could be like this core breach. WE will need ppl to investigate more with scientists to see if cactus COME FROM this The Picard instead of actually fall INTO it!!! Good idea i didn’t not think of this one so thank you sir

4. LUCK: THE FINAL POSSIBILITY. we must all consider that cactus life could just be prickly luck. If u think about it they do not have purpose but do any of us??? but I will not be philisoper on this matter as we are trying to come up with true story not mindgames. OK so it could be luck which the cactus comes from in which case maybe exactly like evolution he just HAPPEN to be at the right time when lighting strike his brother or maybe even cousin. This could have him EVOLVE into life. I have no clues on this 1 but we do not know yet

I thank u again for ideas I think we are getting to places so we can think og these ideas and see if there is clues that follow them. SO FAR I notice that cactus drop lots of sap (drugs????) and sometimes a pearl necklace (the picard??) so there is clues for some of the idea. My strong onion is STILL That there is magic but maybe luck or the picard is behind the scenes of magic in everquest.

sined Autis (enchanter)
Old 02-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Honestly my money is on The Picard at this point. It makes the most sense there IS a giant hole in the zone.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 02-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I just joined P99 a couple months ago, trolling these forums often but never posting anything.....until now.

I have nothing to add, just wanted to comment in a thread about cactus magic luck in the event that it becomes the next "No DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?"
Old 02-17-2015, 03:57 PM
Banned

Have any considered... some cacti have potent hallucinogenic effects. Have u ever thought that maybe when a couple of the cactsuses fell into the hole AKA picard effect, they found themselves starving... maybe they had 2 eat themselves.
so ... yes think about it 2 cactus one eats the other. not only is he suddenly aware of his suffering at having killed his mate but he's also tripping balls on the potent psychedelic WHILE experiencing the Picard Effect
that's how most new sentient beings come to life
cannibalism + hallucinations
Old 02-17-2015, 04:03 PM
Banned

god damn that was a fine read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autis
Like I said it is VERY WEIRD…. There is not even hints in the game to figure out where these alive cactus come from. I fight them a lot and they do NOT drop any books that tell a story but where would they keep a books anyways? Ok so I explored the zone and still there is no clues but there is a big brown canyon hole in the zone where sometimes a cactus will look like he falls. MY POINT: I think the story of how the cactus became alive has to do with possibly magic.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

maybe its charm, or taming. Maybe druids and shaman tamed dead cactus's, turned them alive and then released them. Maybe there is a secret door in the brown canyon hole where these druid/shaman npc's are churning out live cactus's
Old 02-17-2015, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

my strong onion is based on lack of showering, for what its worth.