Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 12:16 AM
VIP / Contributor

Seattle players protected by fellow Seattleite Ephi.

Not really, but enjoy the server!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

seattle...a fabled land where pot is legal now.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:05 AM
Kobold

Indeed. 'tis a wondrous place. Surprised to run into so many Seattleites already.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Hoping to get up and running by tomorrow. Will post my game name if anyone wants to join up!

Right now I'm deciding between... Druid, Bard, Mage, Monk or Wizard. Anyone have any opinions based on server population/other server factors?
Last edited by Wenuven; 08-26-2013 at 01:09 AM..
Old 08-26-2013, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

Can't go wrong with an iksar, so roll a monk.

Even on blue theres a special rule that says iksars get to skin soft skins and string them up in the treessss in warsliksss. Look it up.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 08-26-2013, 01:36 AM
Kobold

I sense a touch of bias. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2013, 01:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenuven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed. 'tis a wondrous place. Surprised to run into so many Seattleites already.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Hoping to get up and running by tomorrow. Will post my game name if anyone wants to join up!

Right now I'm deciding between... Druid, Bard, Mage, Monk or Wizard. Anyone have any opinions based on server population/other server factors?
You will have a far, far easier time in this game if your first character is a caster and not a melee. But, with how generous this community is, that really should should not be too big of a barrier to you. Play whatever class you think you'd enjoy the most. It's a long ride to 60; if you're going to put days of your life into a class, you need to enjoy it. Any class can be wanted in some context or another.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:45 AM
Aviak

I have heard it said that it is easiest starting out with an int caster where you can farm gear and make plat, and then twink out a more gear dependent alt.

Of your options, my opinion would be to roll a mage, and then twink a monk!

Druids: a lot of them but fewer max lvl. If you grew accustomed to their convenience you might miss self sow port.

11-22-99 to 11-03-04
Torvonillous
Old 08-26-2013, 02:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by billw134 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have heard it said that it is easiest starting out with an int caster where you can farm gear and make plat, and then twink out a more gear dependent alt.
That's essentially my plan! I've played EQ long enough to know that playing an undergeared melee is a long, painful road. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Curious what makes an int caster more apt for play farming than say, a druid? I'm not really sure where the primary plat sources are on this server.

I remember back in the day, being able to port/track was a huge advantage to farming random gear to sell for plat. But I do really like the idea of a mage for using a pet to mow through things. I've only ever played a mage in more recent EQ eras and enjoyed it very much, but curious how they fare in a world without Plane of Knowledge, Healer mercs, etc.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:16 AM
Sarnak

Seattle is alright, second best city in the state! Spokane of course being numero uno.

And you will enjoy it here. While I don't play as much as I did years ago, even when the population was around 150 at peak times it was still a blast. So now that it's regularly over 1k it's even better.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

If your only reason to roll a caster is to make money to twink a melee...I would go druid. Get your ports, bind at KC and just run ports all day long. That will be your best bet for money imo.