Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

unless GM track and store private tells, and not just /ooc chat - its impossible to prove

On LIVE SOE never investigated any MQ claims

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting scammed sucks. But what if Flame didn't get scammed and the person he was dealing with truly did just mess up the turn-in or there was a weird issue affecting the MQ? You guys really think both people should just be screwed? Because MQs are... uhh lame?

I think it is unfortunate that the GMs here stopped CSR support of MQs and Account Trading recently.

It's frustrating to join a server and put so much time into it because of things like CSR supported MQs and legit Account Trades so when those things get removed, you start to wonder about what will be changed next. I'd rather see them show interest in finding more GMs if 'its taking too much of our time' is the real reason they changed their policy on these things.

For instance, a big part of my motivation to level characters is that I know that my time is worth something. I know that I can turn that time spent on a character into plat at some point if I'd like to. That 'making my time feel worth something' feeling is gone. I know I can do shady backroom deals to sell a character for plat but I don't want to do that.

In terms of MQ support, I don't see any good reason why there shouldn't be CSR support for MQs. I like the bigger variety of 'camps you can hold to make plat' that MQing gives us. The changing of that policy seemed to coincide with many whining forum posts on the topic. Either way, it's frustrating to have such longstanding policies be changed when dealing with something that requires so much of a time investment as Everquest.

I guess it comes down to the 'I am playing here because of how the rules were and my belief that these longstanding rules would not be changed' and it seems unjust to make changes to some of the core things that have kept some of us here in the first place.
Not trying to knock you here, but in my opinion, if I really thought a character I put my time and energy into was worth something (and I do), I wouldn't sell it. When I play a character for that long I feel some attachment to it. Also, leveling up a character generally enables you to make platinum in various ways depending on the character class, so it has in-game worth as well as sentimental worth that doesn't come from selling the character.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 09-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unless GM track and store private tells, and not just /ooc chat - its impossible to prove

Ummm....everything you say in tells or any channel for that matter is recorded and the GM's can look them up. The GM's don't track and store tells, they are stored in the DB. It's not just about MQ's though. No scamming on this server is being punished, people are using the EC forums to explicitly scam, why is everyone ok with this?
Old 09-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They don't even need to review chat logs. Any type of exchange will be recorded in the Database.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaildez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They don't even need to review chat logs. Any type of exchange will be recorded in the Database.
The exchange is the most meaningless part.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ummm....everything you say in tells or any channel for that matter is recorded and the GM's can look them up. The GM's don't track and store tells, they are stored in the DB. It's not just about MQ's though. No scamming on this server is being punished, people are using the EC forums to explicitly scam, why is everyone ok with this?
technically, on EMU the chat logs and actions not stored in DB (or it would explode on day 1), they stored in log files server side, and honestly I don't believe that private tells or guild chat is, at least SOE swore they didn't since it would be violation of privacy.

Scamming wise:
-trade scam - players should just inspect the item in the trade window
-MQ wise - people should not be doing MQs in the first place. If game creators would wanted you to sell quest items, they would have made them tradeable. SOE was just too lazy to go back and recode their quest system to prevent this, but past Velious all no drop quests items were non-MQable.

Emu quest system is inherently non-MQable. It just P99 HAD to make everything MQable for the "classic sake"

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Last edited by Kika Maslyaka; 09-13-2013 at 04:58 PM..
Old 09-13-2013, 05:25 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ummm....everything you say in tells or any channel for that matter is recorded and the GM's can look them up.
This is not true. We do not have access to chat logs.

Nor should we.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

Well thanks for publicly endorsing scamming without consequences then I guess.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well thanks for publicly endorsing scamming without consequences then I guess.
well, i would say:

1. don't be an fool - inspect items in trade window

2. don't try to take advantage of game exploits, and therefore don't become a victim of someone who would try to take advantage of you. If you cheat - expect to be cheated.

[Zuranthium;1453395]
Closed Thread