Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Banned

Actually, thinking about it a little more, the forums should just be removed. They are too toxic to clean. The community can exist in game. I've found this approach to playing on p99 more pleasant anyways. Ignore the forums and the server seems pretty good. Read the forums and its shit.

Any server/raid rules should be dictated from the server staff in written form, must be easily accessible and must be kept up to date. Banhammer anyone rulebreaker, period. Do it by IP and account.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, thinking about it a little more, the forums should just be removed. They are too toxic to clean. The community can exist in game. I've found this approach to playing on p99 more pleasant anyways. Ignore the forums and the server seems pretty good. Read the forums and its shit.

Any server/raid rules should be dictated from the server staff in written form, must be easily accessible and must be kept up to date. Banhammer anyone rulebreaker, period. Do it by IP and account.
someone would independently open their own forums if these were taken down, then wed have forums moderated by players and not the devs/gm's

sounds like a cesspool.

but yeah p99 is 100x better if you can stay off the forums, I cant =p

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Banned

Remove FTE. Not classic. Remove variance. not classic.

Gonna let you in on a little secret. Poopsocking is classic.

Top raiders (now known as "Tier 1" /puke) love FTE, know why? Because it allows them to camp alt armies at every spawn point and batphone to win. Everyone else on the server is hurt by it.

Variance only serves to make the problems caused by FTE to be magnified, giving yet a greater advantage to the batphone alt army guilds.

1+1 = 2 you know.

I say let the top two guilds poopsock all day, every day, at least then when a less contested mob spawns other guilds (you know, ones without alt armies camped at every spawn) will have a chance to mobilize and make the trip to actually kill said mob because the top guild is busy holding their contested spot.

All I see is catering to "tier 1" who have proved they can spend 18+ hours a day 7 days a week logged in if they have to but under the current system don't need to any more. It's pretty plain as day.

Anyone have any evidence to the contrary? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
someone would independently open their own forums if these were taken down, then wed have forums moderated by players and not the devs/gm's

sounds like a cesspool.

but yeah p99 is 100x better if you can stay off the forums, I cant =p
Forums is where all the juicy stuff happens though!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:22 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
~checks watch~

Well it’s about that time little birds.
I see shit got real. Nice job P99 staff. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remove FTE. Not classic. Remove variance. not classic.

Gonna let you in on a little secret. Poopsocking is classic.

Top raiders (now known as "Tier 1" /puke) love FTE, know why? Because it allows them to camp alt armies at every spawn point and batphone to win. Everyone else on the server is hurt by it.

Variance only serves to make the problems caused by FTE to be magnified, giving yet a greater advantage to the batphone alt army guilds.

1+1 = 2 you know.

I say let the top two guilds poopsock all day, every day, at least then when a less contested mob spawns other guilds (you know, ones without alt armies camped at every spawn) will have a chance to mobilize and make the trip to actually kill said mob because the top guild is busy holding their contested spot.

All I see is catering to "tier 1" who have proved they can spend 18+ hours a day 7 days a week logged in if they have to but under the current system don't need to any more. It's pretty plain as day.

Anyone have any evidence to the contrary? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno kag, T1 guilds aren't going to sit socking 1 mob when they know another is due in 20 minutes. unless you're talking about the 15 player presence claim rule, otherwise they'll just show up 20 minutes before its due burn it and move on to the next one.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see shit got real. Nice job P99 staff. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<3
Old 01-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvqJ1mTkEuY
Old 01-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno kag, T1 guilds aren't going to sit socking 1 mob when they know another is due in 20 minutes. unless you're talking about the 15 player presence claim rule, otherwise they'll just show up 20 minutes before its due burn it and move on to the next one.
Sorry, I felt that a presence claim went unsaid. I forgot that this was P99 where anything unsaid is automatically exploited.

Meh, I think seeing all wizard/rogue guilds pop up would make things amusing for at least a solid month. /shrug.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, I felt that a presence claim went unsaid. I forgot that this was P99 where anything unsaid is automatically exploited.

Meh, I think seeing all wizard/rogue guilds pop up would make things amusing for at least a solid month. /shrug.
lol Never forget!

even the simplest typing error could result in a loophole of trains and FTE snipes!

Rogaen is going to need to hire a lawyer to finalize the doctrine of the new raid system.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread