Fire Giant

I heard Zilo was the best half-elf warrior on the server
Old 11-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Orc

Zilo wins!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zithax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls.

if not, why are you upset about a gm event?
I'm not upset about the GM event itself, I'm upset about the high end loot. It is really killing my immersion and fun if some low levels are running around in LR now. The items were given out almost randomly (based on zone lags, US prime time (!), number of people your guild had in EC...).

I don't mind if such events reward player with minor items (food, almost no stats, rp items - whatever), or maybe 1 - 2 "real" items. But not tons of valuable items. I think I even read somewhere in the past that the GMs would not give out any items which are in competition with regular loot. Must have read wrongly.

I'm not a troll, up until now every decision of the admins was brillant. This one wasn't. I just cannot understand why they should do this, and to me it makes the difference between playing here for years and quitting right now.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2010, 06:00 AM
Orc

QQ
Old 11-02-2010, 06:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prahadigm24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is really killing my immersion and fun if some low levels are running around in LR now.

......Not sure if serious
Old 11-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Banned

I heard purist was the best erudite paladin on the server
Old 11-02-2010, 06:44 AM
Planar Protector

Well with all the negative people QQing about it, if i were a gm i don't think i'd waste my time trying to put together an event like this in future. They've admitted they probably got the loot distribution a bit wrong, which is fair enough.

I enchant things...
Old 11-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prahadigm24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is really killing my immersion and fun if some low levels are running around in LR now. The items were given out almost randomly (based on zone lags, US prime time (!), number of people your guild had in EC...).
No it's not.

GM events were always random, and yes, sometimes really incredible items were given out, based on luck, chance, and other factors not associated with poopsocking.

Are you really that disgruntled that gear was acquired by a means other than time spent in-game? It happened in live, too...I missed getting a monk weapon that was superior to any other one-handed monk weapon until velious and had the appearance of a GBS by about 15 seconds in a lfay GM event. So what? Do I want to take away someone else's enjoyment? Part of the fun of EQ is that things happen that you can't predict.

Sometimes you won't receive some great piece of gear, sometimes you will.

My guess is that you're just sour you didn't have a "chance" to get the gear.

Quote:
I don't mind if such events reward player with minor items (food, almost no stats, rp items - whatever), or maybe 1 - 2 "real" items. But not tons of valuable items. I think I even read somewhere in the past that the GMs would not give out any items which are in competition with regular loot. Must have read wrongly.
I haven't read that, although I'm not the most diligent in reading past decisions, and I only joined this server in June. But even if they said that, that's not congruent with GM events in classic.

Quote:
I'm not a troll, up until now every decision of the admins was brillant. This one wasn't. I just cannot understand why they should do this, and to me it makes the difference between playing here for years and quitting right now.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are far better reasons to quit. Rogean admitted they went overboard with the gear. He also indicated that the event was planned only a few hours in advance so there wasn't a lot of control over the event.

I still don't see the problem other than "Someone else had a shot at gear I didn't have a shot at, therefore this is unfair, therefore I feel like quitting."

That's always going to happen. I joined the server after nearly all of the big-time drops/quests (Rubicite, Thex Dagger, Manastone, etc) were discontinued, as they were on live. Even had I been on the server when they did and had not obtained those items, I don't see a reason to quit because I didn't "have a chance at the gear that other people did."

I saw Azeth's point earlier that some of this gear outshines Velious stuff, whereas even items like manastone, rubicite, etc aren't particularly overpowered through velious - this is a good point, but I just don't think the pieces of LR that were acquired severely unbalance the server at all, nor will it make some characters super-powerful demigods who are going to solo Rinna or something.

I just don't think its as big a deal as you're making it out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by purist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard purist was the best erudite paladin on the server
best erudite paladin on the server is torsten, my naked paladin twink with soulfire

purist is still great though, you get the red ribbon!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

The difference you people fail to realize is that it wasn't just 1-2 pieces that a few dozen got. I see people with basically full sets minus the bp. To fully gear somebody in BIS is fucking bullshit from a gm event.

I'm actively searching for a reason to log back in, cause it feels to me that my time raiding in this game since June has been worthless now.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Closed Thread