Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ_Xanit K'ven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always wondered if red99 was secretly split into sell-side, buy-side and casuals.

If nothing Comes to light my assesment is the following: its just occasional, opportunistic activity. Where there are buyers, there will be sellers. Sektors is classic example.
as someone who was banned for RMT and part of RMT for quite some time i can tell you there was always def someone to sell to.

also, the smart traders they just farm hold onto everything and wait for a server event like for instance TMO coming over, or for instance when empire joined the server, or for example a bunch of retired people coming back for velious that dont want to do heavy lifting.

the above is what i did when i was involved. i would say though, now that the server has dropped 100 players, there is a stale server, prices do go down, and i been out of the game for a while so i don't know what its like anymore, i havn't done anything in a little less than a year and a half.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Banned

the particular interesting thing about this server, specifically red is that even with a lower player base, a small timer like myself was able to make 10 grand a month buying low and selling high. But that was back when velious was announced. don't know what it's like now. probably horrid. the people who still farm red99 for paychecks are probably all junkies or disabled.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

10K a month. Sounds realistic on a 300 pop server ....
Old 06-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, I was making 14 grand a month here until it got boring. Then I just started selling off the local neighborhood girls to the highest bidders I could find. Now I make 17 grand a month. Thinking about setting up a system where the girls farm fungis on red 99 in their off time while they are resting up in between shifts. Could prolly push it to 20k a month then...
Old 06-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

RMTers trump up their selling stats to justify the ungodly amount of time wasted in game, to try and create a cool mystique. It's profit because there are no bills living in moms basement with no car.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokuten99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true old comrade, but its important to understand that I got where I was by having fun not planning on rmting or even building up to it. So I was just simply there and ready to quit so figured why the hell not. fungus is very common drop as well I averaged one per 3 hours at the camp. There were 2 instances where I got a 2 fungi back to back within 1 hour. So roughly 150 onions an hour I was getting.

yes many tonics were sold.

I think braknar's comment before he banned me was

"this was a level of rmt he had never seen before and it was quite unbelievable."
you made the best of a shitty situation dawg, not mad or bad just sad they won't wipe this shit clean so we can play classic again, that shit was most fun
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

teams99 2016

Change we want to believe in !
Old 06-06-2016, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Make PvP Great Again
Old 06-06-2016, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

Yeah I would love a reset and regular resets. regular resets would force rmt to be worth nothing and would allow people to just play for fun. I wish that would happen as well. Everquest is still the best game ever made sadly there is no fun server to play on at the moment. Just waiting for season 2 of LOZ now.

I have nothing to prove to some of you plebs claiming my numbers are inaccurate. Ive sold some of those fungi's for as high as 470 onions. I did not sell them on red you damn fools. I sold the fungi's for 150k-200k on blue for the red fungi and sold the plat for 2.5k /1kpp

Why do you think the day i got banned rogean banned red for blue trades. It was because of the ridiculous amount of money I was making.

do the math yourself
Old 06-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Banned

Lol RMT is like any addiction: the addict is gunna tell you about their best story which is 1% of the RMT game.

You can earn more working at McDonalds, it's only beneficial to people who DONT work and wanna trade 60 hrs of their time for a few hundred dollars per week.

...and in saying that the biggest RMTers on the server are generally right infront of your face. What's someones compulsion to keep farming the same content for hours on end???? their end goal is to make 50c per hour for their time.

The reality is people like Jibken spent 1000's of hours in the game and used 10's of people to get fungis/gear and probably rmt'd it all off for under 5 grand.
Closed Thread