Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Default The question everyone's asking

To start off, this is not a beef against GM’s, uber guilds or anything like that. It’s simply
a long winded question that has been asked on a few occasions already but I have yet to
see an answer for it. Here goes:

I think a lot of people are worried that since there is a small core group of people that are
burning through content at an extremely fast pace that the more casual players are going
to get screwed out of a lot of opportunities by the time they reach 40-50. MM is a good
example and it’s not even about the loot so much as it’s about the experience. He was
used in GM events post 1999 so I don’t see why he should be removed forever.

Some people also worry that certain raid targets will be “modified” after the first kill because they were deemed too easy or whatever. This is not as big of a deal but could have an impact if the next group of 20 level 50 people decide to take on a dragon, only to find that the encounter has been completely changed to make it more challenging.

In addition to this, things like manastones and 100% WR boxes will be removed from the game soon (but how soon?). These are all things that make raids much more manageable and dungeon crawls more monetarily rewarding.

(This is a big side question: Will the next guild to have 15-20 level 50 players also have access to the same caliber gear and items? Or will it all that stuff be gone by then?)

Certain zones and/or quests that were deemed to give way too much experience will be nerfed making the gap between the quick levelers and the casual players that much greater. This leads me to my point.

Some people got to 50 real quick and should get stuff first, I won't argue that, it’s the same in any game. But currently it seems like things are being rushed forward which means that many things that you take for granted will be removed from the game much quicker than many of us expected. So while we expected to experience and get things second hand, it turns out that many of us won't get to experience/get it at all.

I think a lot of people would calm down if they knew how much time we had before things like Jboots, manastones Abu boxes, etc. get nerfed removed... Is it days, weeks, months? (And no, I definitely don’t have time to quest for the Jboots post nerf.). If I’m level 18 do I need to stay up all night for the next week so I don’t miss out on these things? Or do I have till, say January?
Old 11-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Kobold

Dono if this is an option but you could give MM 1 kill per guild as a summoned GM NPC. This would give a broad and fair opportunity for all players?

Dono just a thought...
Old 11-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Kobold

^^

then you get a group of people making a new guild ever other week. maybe not though.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Would I really like to have the same opportunities as the people who leveled must faster than me had? Yes. I don't think that Jboots, manastones Abu boxes are game breaking.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Leave it alone. Every MMO has this problem and there is no way to fix it.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leave it alone. Every MMO has this problem and there is no way to fix it.
???

I'm not asking for a fix, I was asking a question about time frames.

I don't understand your comment.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Orc

Timeline is scarey on this server. It most def does not look like it's going to be the full six months from live that went by before these things are removed. I hope for that but my guess is Kunark will be out by then. I would like to know whether or not i can afford to take days off from leveling and still have a chance at some of these things...or not.

I understand not wanting to set a date because if you change it you get grief. I think the deva would set a lot of peoples minds at ease knowing though. Barring a mass server exodus and with that the need to speed up the timeline drying a dayr and sticking to it shouldn't be that horrible.

My appologies if any of that didn't make sense...posting from the phone at work.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

I agree that this is probably one of the reasons for the hate on the boards. If we saw a timeline posted (Sol Ro opened xx/xx, hate/air opened xx/xx, Kunark opened xx/xx dates could be later if content is not ready) then I think people would calm down. With the suggested GM connections to IB, I know that there is a REAL fear on the server that if IB says "we beat naggy, Phin, Fear, Etc and want XX opened now" that it would happen and people would lose out on the current drops that go away when some of this happens (Boxes, clickie masks, etc).

Please notat that I say Suggested connection, as I have not seen any real proof (just some fuzzy pictures of what may be Pyrocat, a GM and bigfoot in the Illuminati conference room).

I know that if they do follow timeline we should have seven months before stuff goes away (Live launch was March 16th, Temple opened October 13) so we SHOULD be able to access this content until the end of April.

Once again this is all speculative and I would appreciate a GM response and timeline.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Aviak

Do not fear about about a quick release of Kunark. There is still alot of testing that needs to be done before this is open.

Maybe we can get all those lvl 50 people to go over and test it for us.

As for actual release dates I have no clue. Nilbog might know more but at this point we are very busy with fixxes. I dont think pulling a Verant/Sony and releasing new content without fixxing the old is a good thing.

My Humble opinion to calm the masses.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Yeah, there are over 300 broken quests in Kunark. Prob as many busted spawns, timers and NPC's. None of VP has been scripted. Tons of epics are broken. VS and Trak don't work properly. Rare drops and such are yet to be put in place. The list is fairly significant. Kunark is a far blip on the radar lol.
Closed Thread