Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Orc

Default Enchanters: Where's the crack?

I was discussing this with a group earlier, and thought I'd put it out here for a wider view on the subject: why is crack so difficult to find here?

Most places I go, SoW and other druid buffs are in abundance, cleric buffs and mage DS isn't hard to get and I've had shaman buffs pretty frequently too. This is all without even asking for it; for most players, it seems, if they have the tools to help someone, they'll use them.

The same doesn't seem to be true for the clarity however, which is strange considering how useful it is for any caster. Maybe it's just bad luck on my part, but only once have I been given clarity (ironically, right after having this discussion with my group today!) without asking for it, and never has someone responded to me asking for it in EC tunnel.

Is it simply due to there being a lack of Enchanters to dish it out? Is it more to do with the level of the buff - far higher than SoW, which no one seems to be without for long - making it less common in comparison to other class buffs? Or is it down to the Enchanters themselves having an unwillingness to respond to cries for crack, either due to the frequency of requests for it or because the value and rarity means they expect to be offered money?

Obviously, this post mainly relates to people buffing lower level players like myself, as there's no clarity available in a group even when a chanter joins, but I guess it's relevant to high level solo players, who probably need the crack even more.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Kobold

There's probably like a 3:1 ratio of SoW casters to Clarity. I think people got too comfortable with Clarity always being a few zones away.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Kobold

There are plenty of chanters, its just a higher level buff so there are fewer to go around.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Orc

Everyone got 50 with their Enc and started raiding. Tons of them high level...not so much in the mid range anymore. This coming from a guy who got an enc to 34...quit for a few months and came back to play a Wizard.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:10 AM
Planar Protector

Well... I'm anon most of the time. I'll clarity people if asked, or even just hailed but i don't take it upon myself to run around finding people to clarity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 05-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Aviak

I would not say that enchanters are any less generous with buffs than other classes. In fact in the 3 weeks I have been playing my groups have been "Ninja Cracked" at least twice. I think that the issue is exacly what has been already stated.
There are fewer people who can cast Clarity so you get it cast on you less often...
Dawrit 12 Druid of Project1999
Old 05-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I clarity everyone in sight on pure reflex!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leokaiser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was discussing this with a group earlier, and thought I'd put it out here for a wider view on the subject: why is crack so difficult to find here?

Most places I go, SoW and other druid buffs are in abundance, cleric buffs and mage DS isn't hard to get and I've had shaman buffs pretty frequently too. This is all without even asking for it; for most players, it seems, if they have the tools to help someone, they'll use them.

The same doesn't seem to be true for the clarity however, which is strange considering how useful it is for any caster. Maybe it's just bad luck on my part, but only once have I been given clarity (ironically, right after having this discussion with my group today!) without asking for it, and never has someone responded to me asking for it in EC tunnel.

Is it simply due to there being a lack of Enchanters to dish it out? Is it more to do with the level of the buff - far higher than SoW, which no one seems to be without for long - making it less common in comparison to other class buffs? Or is it down to the Enchanters themselves having an unwillingness to respond to cries for crack, either due to the frequency of requests for it or because the value and rarity means they expect to be offered money?

Obviously, this post mainly relates to people buffing lower level players like myself, as there's no clarity available in a group even when a chanter joins, but I guess it's relevant to high level solo players, who probably need the crack even more.
Pretty sure the answer is all of the above. You answered yourself.
  • Less enchanters
  • Higher level buff
  • Only one class to do it (unlike SoW)
  • Some people get annoyed always buffing

Compared to:
  • TONS of druids out there
  • Available early
  • More than just druids can cast it
  • Get used to always SoWing people earlier in the game and being a buffbot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Fire Giant

should be pretty common knowledge why there's less clarity than sow...

CHANTERS ARE ALL SELFISH ASSHOLES

no but really, i mean, come on... there's like 5 people who can cast sow for every person who can cast clarity, this shouldn't be surprising.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Kobold

As a part-time chanter, and husband to an ex-full-time chanter, I can attest to the fact that all enchanters are assholes.

I love you, honey.

ex-Tholuxe Paells player

If I spent half as much time playing as forum-ing, I'd be 50 by now.
Closed Thread