Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Default We dont need another server right now, we need Velious

I have nothing against a new server but the timing is completely off.

If everything we have been told is true, Velious won't be until after Red and the new Teams 99 servers merge which will be 6 months after the Teams 99 server release which is 1-3 months away. We have also been assured that Velious will release on Red the same time it releases on Blue. Meaning Blue and Red wont get Velious at least until 7-9 months away.

We need Velious first. I know Velious has a lot of mobs/factions etc but what is the hold up? There has been plenty of time to get this ready to go. Before people tell me I don't know what it takes let me assure you I do. I have been a professional programmer and developer for 14 years.

Focus on Velious, get it out by Dec 1st 2013. Then 4-6 months after release do a new progression server Teams or whatever you want.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Skeleton

Seems a bit on the 'do what I want because it's what I want' spectrum but alas, babylon.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Banned

Shut the fuck up and enjoy your free game. Or don't.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

If Velious releases in a state that has a bunch of exploitable, unfinished, nonclassic mechanics, the forums will be down 24/7 for the next three years because they'll be overloaded by all the QQ. I much prefer dealing with the "LONG TIMELINE AND OLD BUGS MADE OTHER PEOPLE BETTER OFF THAN I AM" QQ for another year and getting a better-polished Velious.

Also, in before Swish talks about Kunark > Velious.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Focus on Velious, get it out by Dec 1st 2013. Then 4-6 months after release do a new progression server Teams or whatever you want.
/signed
Old 09-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Velious releases in a state that has a bunch of exploitable, unfinished, nonclassic mechanics, the forums will be down 24/7 for the next three years because they'll be overloaded by all the QQ. I much prefer dealing with the "LONG TIMELINE AND OLD BUGS MADE OTHER PEOPLE BETTER OFF THAN I AM" QQ for another year and getting a better-polished Velious.

Also, in before Swish talks about Kunark > Velious.
I agree, you cannot release Velious really bugged.

My main question is why is it not ready? I am not saying this to degrade anyone. I would like the real answer. Have they only recently started working on it? Is that the reason?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Are we assuming Velious is really buggy for some reason?
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

It's not like the p99 staff is funded like an A-list MMO dude. The staff is a handful of people who do p99 stuff as a hobby, for fun, while still leading real lives with jobs and such.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 09-05-2013 at 10:44 AM..
Old 09-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not like the p99 staff is funded like an A-list MMO dude. The staff is a handful of people who do p99 stuff as a hobby, for fun, while still leading real lives with jobs and such.

Asking a question like "Have they only recently started working on it?" only degrades you by making you look like a moran.
I do tons of side projects myself. Many much larger then this and none have ever taken me this long.

It was a real question. Are they having issues or is it just the content placement is going really really really slow.

I always appreciate when a developer/programmer does work for free that I benefit from of course. But as one myself sometimes we get tunnel vision or stuck and wont ask for help or just get burned out and ignore things for months. I just wondering the real reason.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

I'd like to see your larger-than-Velious side projects and timelines of their completion.
Closed Thread