Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

Default FORD leaving US - thanks 0bama...

Ford Motors has now announced it intends to move all its small car manufacturing lines out of Detroit and the U.S. and into its Mexico-based plants.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...d-into-mexico/
The move to shift all production to Mexico should not come as a major surprise, as in April, Ford had already launched a $1.6 billion building plan for enlarging facilities in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. The brand new Mexico facilities were announced just as President Barack Obama’s deputy signed the unpopular Trans Pacific Partnership free-trade deal earlier this year.

“I’ve been telling everybody this from day one: We’re going to have nothing left.” --Donald Trump

vid: Ford Tells Detroit: “Adios”

What say ye?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2016, 05:39 AM
Planar Protector

Big pharma has already opened a few plants there as well. I'm not sure about the legality (FDA) re: a complete move but I believe regulation de in cent I vises (phone correction what the ??) a completely international manufacturing operation.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-15-2016, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

I am ok with free trade as long as we send our impoverished people to the nations our businesses take up residence in. We can't give away the revenue and keep the cost. Come on people.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Big pharma has already opened a few plants there as well. I'm not sure about the legality (FDA) re: a complete move but I believe regulation de in cent I vises (phone correction what the ??) a completely international manufacturing operation.
I work as a Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Engineering recruiter... Mexico is not as popular as you would think for pharmaceutical MFG. However, Puerto Rico, India, and Malaysia make most of the drugs we use. Its 1000% cheaper to MFG outside the USA, import into USA, then repackage and distribute as if nothing is wrong. The SOB is that they repackage it in a way to give the appearance of a USA product and the FDA is fine with this - the "final assembly" is all that matters.

All of the Tylenol in the world is MFG'd in a suburb of Philadelphia, PA however - every pill! McNeil Pharmaceuticals
Old 09-15-2016, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

So? They're free to do so. They're also the only auto company that didn't take a bail out if I recall correctly.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Not going to be as gravy as they think when they get slapped with huge import punishment tariffs from the Don.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Trump: "Used to be that you couldn't drink the water in mexico and some cars were made in flint. Now, the cars are made in mexico and you cant drink the water in flint."
Old 09-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

Ford has already moved overseas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Germany
Old 09-15-2016, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

This may also be relevant:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_International_Jew
Old 09-15-2016, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am ok with free trade as long as we send our impoverished people to the nations our businesses take up residence in. We can't give away the revenue and keep the cost. Come on people.
Wouldnt it just be easier to yknow.. Keep business here where the impoverished people are?

Nationalism is the only thing that can save a nation
Closed Thread