Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good games go on sale too you know. I guess just depends on what you think is good for you. My top recommendation is still the long dark, but really for people that are outdoorsy, which is me bigtime with my many many trail boots worn out. But still a niche game.
My problem with Long Dark is you ruin the concept of the game by reading about it. With Mist you weren't sure exactly what to expect or what you were playing. THIS WAS REAL GAMING. THE GOLDEN AGE. NOBODY KNEW WHAT MIST REALLY WAS, THAT MADE IT THRILLING. THERE COULD BE THREATS??? WE DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It obviously has no eminent threats, no thrills. Because we can read about a synopsis, check a trailer, and realize what the game is precisely.

F.E.A.R. had thrills (FPS genre, extreme horror very terrifying to play. Still gives me the shakes)

Long Dark apparently won't have any threats to the player. Its a true survival game based on surviving an environment that can't elicit any real surprises. I'd say that's a fair assessment without having you spoil the game and point out theres X Y Z hostile surprises in the game.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 10-30-2016, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

What Steam REALLY needs is more survival games incorporating minecraft style crafting........
Old 10-30-2016, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long Dark apparently won't have any threats to the player. Its a true survival game based on surviving an environment that can't elicit any real surprises. I'd say that's a fair assessment without having you spoil the game and point out theres X Y Z hostile surprises in the game.
mmmm it's not that at all, respectably. It'sssssss.... and realistic open-world survival simulator. Well, as realistic as possible while remaining a "game" for enjoyment. But excluding zombies and dinosaurs, ya know? hehe. It's more of an adult age open-world game, sometimes too slow, sometimes too fast. But always brutal.

Yes the elements. Harder at the beginning for that. But most times I die are to bears or wolves. Even once, I died to a bear, a pack of wolves, then froze to death trying to crawl back to shelter in a night time blizzard as I trailed all my blood. Then I guess vultures finished my caucus the next day lol since it's perma-death. It's friggen brutal lol. Game of the year as far as I'm concerned, and it's still in early access.

When it first whent to early access, it was a bit easy they say, but they fixed that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I especially like the sound ambience. I stick my good headphones on as I sneak through the forest. I mean by the time you hear it, it may be too late. It's the only game that seems to keep me on edge, where every little distant patter or some shadow moves and you gotta be ready to react or face a possible sudden game loss. And you can probably just sneak though the world and find less trouble, but then it's not just the bears or the wolves or the weather or dysentery trying to kill you, but time itself has made itself a fatal enemy to your cause.

But like I said, it's more for outdoorsy people. If you like to backpack, fish, hunt, camp etc, this is an essential game. If not so much then probably other things of interest. But it's not like MYST, which was a game I liked a ton, played it through many times. Reading won't help.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plague Inc has a clone on the app store and for android, its free ^^
Yeah I saw that yesterday on a youtube trailer while looking at plague inc vids. I was going to look at it sometime at the play store. They have a paid version too w/o adds and snoop stuff? Some F word games are good though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Free all my personal info please haha!

lol there is a simian flu in plague inc, it makes apes smart and humans stupid. Ape not kill aaape! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2016, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

I will always recommend Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. I believe it is on sale for 4-5$. It's kinda old tho, and generally requires an unoffical patch.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Conundrum resolved. Dug deep into steam and found this: RC Simulation 2.0 Got it for the quadcopters in the sandbox (make your own tracks). Has mixed reviews but mostly bad ones from early on in early access. Runs ok on my lappy, as long as I avoid water. A bit of a bonus to me to have the Rubicon sandbox. I already have an RC track racer, so the rest isn't important.

With what's left in the steam wallet, got the Brutal Legend port. The rest stays on the list for another time, I'm done searching steam for the rest of the year [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-31-2016, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What Steam REALLY needs is more survival games incorporating minecraft style crafting........
Yeah there are a lot of those. I like minecraft, but it stops there. But then for space, best thing imo is Space Engineers. But it's not a minecraft clone, just a build survival, mostly build. Poor lappy won't run it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'll need to rebuild my desktop before I can zip and pew my way through space again. I especially liked making guided ballistic missiles.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxHound [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will always recommend Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. I believe it is on sale for 4-5$. It's kinda old tho, and generally requires an unoffical patch.
Pras. It's old and unfinished but remains arguably the most complete and ambitious RPG to date.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 10-31-2016, 11:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I was digging the Forest for a while, but it got a little out of hand when I built a wall around one of the main camps of the cannibals. Funny at first, pain in the ass later. Dunno why the image is being loaded upside down, but you get the idea.

IMG_1161.jpg
Last edited by Robbintha Hood; 10-31-2016 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: grammar and spelling error
Old 11-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Xcom 2 is crap. Risk of Rain is crap. Fuck your steam sale, make a post to tell me when you encounter a good game finally in this awful desert.
Consider nasomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Closed Thread