OMG what just happened?!? 2 5.26%
OMG WAAT JUUST HAAPPENED?!?! 0 0%
I.. I.. I.. I... *smears poop on padded wall* 2 5.26%
Trump/Tower 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Default Your level of surprise with Trump's win?

So your initial reaction? ...now that you've had a couple days to let it sink in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Coin toss here on making votes visible ... heads, yup!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

The American people have voted in a man of big business/corporations. Despite other Presidents pandering to them previously I wonder if Trump is going to help his friends and screw the people more than Obama did.

Or maybe he'll try, as a businessman, to reduce the national debt?.....

lol, nah.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting thing is that Trump didn't do any better than the last two republican contenders and did worse than Bush. Hillary just did FAR worse than Obama. Dema were unenthused. Repubs were past that though having dealt with enough shit candidates, so they drafted the biggest FUCK YOU ever for the establishment: Trump. The DNC can thank itself for forcing HRC on the people and the RNC can thank itself for not having the foresight to install sufficient mechanisms whereby they could do the same. Pretty sure Trump would have been stomped by Bernie tbh.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Blacks and Mexicans had nobody to really get behind, so here's a prediction - the next senator running for the democrats at the end of Trump's first term isn't going to be white.

It is funny though, from an outsider's perspective it seemed like a big "nope" from the Republicans in the form of John McCain and Mitt Romney who were as unelectable as Trump based on their policies. You kind of had a sham election in the sense that there's no way those two were going to make it, and I thought Trump was going to be chapter 3 of that story.

I agree, I think Bernie would have been President if it was between him and Hillary or him and Trump.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Also Trump/Towers should be the new Bush/Towers on polls...that's genius <3
Old 11-11-2016, 06:54 PM
Kobold

I was not surprised, although I didn't see him winning Wisconsin and Michigan. Did anyone see that coming? I did call him winning FLA, OH, and PA, but I figured he would have to pick up NH or NV to put him over 270.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

Outside of an extreme gaff like HRC I don't think republicans have a path to victory for the presidency going forward tbqh. Old people die eventually and whites are on the path to affirmative action, DBE, profiling and indiscriminate killings by law enforcement. The shoe is switching feet.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not so much surprised he won, actually not surprised at all. But I'm pretty surprised HRC didn't take it further than she did. So evens out to somewhat surprised.

I wonder if there was something going on that made them not go over the edge and just grab power, maybe some deal. Unless that just hasn't happened yet, but it'll likely be pretty quick here that the Dems totally turn on her.

Oh come on Swish, you know HRC was by far the most pro-megacorp/big bank person we've ever seen run for POTUS.

But anyway, like I've mentioned, the Reps gained the house and senate because of things like 0bamacare being stuck to us. Some swore that movement was finished, but clearly it wasn't. So this is it's natural course. Now if Reps and Dems had allowed 0bamacare to be repealed, not moved towards TPP, the elections could have been very different. It is what it is.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

voted Somewhat surprised...

Thought hilly had her claws in it deeper.

If you look at my post history I should have voted: I knew it all along.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

I think they were both bad, but I'm interested to see how Trump handles his corporate pals. Are we going to see better handling of Starbucks and the likes who do their best not to pay any tax? I know in the UK they get away without paying anything while all the small businesses out there are threatened for every penny.
Closed Thread