Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 07:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm far too casual for this list nonsense or anything requiring more than 2-3 hours of effort, but as a hypothetical example:

#1 is a level 35 ranger, so meets the requirements for the list despite having the damage output of a level 14 druid and a level 21 rogue combined

#1 must participate in the kill

#1 is pissing fluorescent red into a nearby bucket from the amount of energy drinks he has consumed over the last 129 hours

#1 has a verbal agreement with everyone there that they will help now that it's his turn

#1 winds up and attacks the mob, everyone else (may or may not be his own guildmates) hangs around there FD or hidden, laughing.

#1 gets one-shot by the riposte from his first swing, ranger gates, and is out of range, losing his place on the list

#1 receives tell from Myuharin saying "HAHAHAHA THAT WAS HILARIOUS"

Would this scenario be petition-able as well by #1?

If not, this is wide open for griefing (it can and will happen, you know the sort of people that play here).
Or don't list if you can solo.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:07 PM
Orc

I mean since soloing is such an important aspect of this why not just make the mob invulnerable to anyone below level 50? That way we can insure pretty much anyone can solo it and every will have equal ability to get it.
But certainly for the present age, which prefers the sign to the thing signified, the copy to the original, representation to reality, the appearance to the essence... illusion only is sacred, truth profane. Nay, sacredness is held to be enhanced in proportion as truth decreases and illusion increases, so that the highest degree of illusion comes to be the highest degree of sacredness.
-Feuerbach, Preface to the second edition of The Essence of Christianity
Old 11-23-2019, 10:21 PM
Banned

push button receive manaston
Old 11-23-2019, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

If you are on the list for more than 8 hours there needs to be a flashing red box that says “Get a life loser log off and go outside” and if they dont its a 1 week vacation. 2nd offense perma ban.

Lets get this list moving!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:33 PM
Orc

/list should require you to keep a game of Gems going to make sure people aren't AFK It keeps increasing until you have to keep 20 games of Gems going simultaneously.
But certainly for the present age, which prefers the sign to the thing signified, the copy to the original, representation to reality, the appearance to the essence... illusion only is sacred, truth profane. Nay, sacredness is held to be enhanced in proportion as truth decreases and illusion increases, so that the highest degree of illusion comes to be the highest degree of sacredness.
-Feuerbach, Preface to the second edition of The Essence of Christianity
Old 11-23-2019, 10:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree. And saying no doesn't make me a jerk.

Because it is easy I am expected to do it? This is entitlement. No one gets to tell me how to feel but me.

That's actually the core problem between the two camps of thought. One just want's everyone to get along and sing "kumbaya" and not worry about loot, just enjoy the experience. The other wants people to carry their own weight. Threads like this is what happens when these two people intersect.

Sweet, I'll make sure to get a therapist and tell him internet-dude diagnosed me.
Honest question. If you see someone holding a package and struggling to get into the door of the post office, do you help them, or do you stand there because "Not my fucking problem, carry your own weight" ?
Old 11-23-2019, 10:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm4real [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/list should require you to keep a game of Gems going to make sure people aren't AFK It keeps increasing until you have to keep 20 games of Gems going simultaneously.
Maybe hit them with some EQ trivia as well. Test their love of the game to see if they are deserving of manastone.
Closed Thread