Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
progress was definitely made or atleast the alpha i got to play on looked promising enough was nice to actually see classic stuff like the reverse camera angle inside inventory,classic server/character select stuff we will prolly never have here
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WOW! Fuck we're spoiled on this server. I played from release to luclin and I would cry if they released a server like this. P1999 to me is epic as hell. That ui and login screen is on a whole new level.

Someone needs to bridge the gap between that server and this server and make that happen, if possible. Both sides would make out on a deal.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:02 PM
Sarnak

I'd be happy with just the P99 Reboot second server. It's a whole different game when everyone is wearing cloth and leather armor at level 30.

Most fun I've had in awhile, I'm ashamed to say, was levelling my toon on Red99. It's not just about grinding out levels but you actually want/need those ringmail and bronze armor drops etc.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingWarrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be happy with just the P99 Reboot second server. It's a whole different game when everyone is wearing cloth and leather armor at level 30.

Most fun I've had in awhile, I'm ashamed to say, was levelling my toon on Red99. It's not just about grinding out levels but you actually want/need those ringmail and bronze armor drops etc.
Unfortunately Red is a ghost town and not worth playing unless you like to solo. I can't imagine how barren it must feel with under 100 players online during offpeak times.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:04 PM
Orc

Was a shame to see this project essentially fall way, it had a lot of hype!
Old 04-24-2015, 04:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faywind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately Red is a ghost town and not worth playing unless you like to solo. I can't imagine how barren it must feel with under 100 players online during offpeak times.
Can't lie, red definitely needs a boost during Euro hours... that's been the biggest thing lacking there - no Euro guild [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-24-2015, 10:06 AM
Banned

I followed that game back in the day (I think it was 2007?) when I found out about it. It was all talk back then but remember every so often some progress was made. I think the project went back even further under another name (Project Norrath?)

Fact is, I wish I could play that game. I love the UI and everything was original. But it would take way too much work. Would be cool if the devs here could access some of that work and make some tweaks.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

So with this the classic ui was still 640x480, right? Or was it able to be scaled up to say 1024x768?

Tried using the old ui on the mac client and having it resize my res to 640x480 but was real jaggy/pixelated
Old 04-24-2015, 01:04 PM
Banned

been like 8years or so but i remember having to use EQW i remember messing around in the ini file but i dont remember if we ever got anywhere with it

Old 04-24-2015, 08:24 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Was not sure if anyone here was interested/caught this, but googled eqclassic today after seeing this thread and it looks like some of it was posted a couple years ago? Idk, might not be too interesting but if you click through a link or two you may find a download for trilogy client, might be worth it to see the classic tutorial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://newagesoldier.com/everquest-...eqclassic-org/
Old 04-24-2015, 10:59 PM
Banned

yeah some old old stuff got leaked late 08 early 09 before yeahlight took sole control over it, when it was Dark prince,Sp0tter,Wizzel..etc running the project
Closed Thread