Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope
Old 05-19-2020, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

I had kids [prepping] their [bodies] and [minds] today on [Mangler] asking about the [Neriak Red Wine] and the [Best possible vendor bags]. And what [stats] were important for their paladin. Before they rolled on Aradune. I told them the truth. [Charisma].

Shit is unreal in 2020 my friends.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:32 PM
Banned

I'll play Aradune for awhile until it gets to the stupid expansions like all the tlp's
Old 05-19-2020, 12:36 PM
Banned

Didn't notice the link and video at first .... on second thought after watching I might just quit eq it was so bad
Old 05-19-2020, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Servers are down 24 hrs. I suspect that they're being shipped to a Chinese data center run from the Pakistani border region.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

Made the switch back to live about 2 months ago now after about 7-8 years on p99. Was a good run, but god damn I'm just bored of Velious, when you're just waiting in a DKP chow line and geared in many slots with top 3 items, hearing Guild admin barking about losing FTE to the Riot zerg. What's left to do? Level yet another toon to 60? Batphone for another few months to stock up enough fictional raid currency to hopefully do it all over again? No AAs to grind, no solid quest chains for fun/gimmicky items that have no impact on strength but just make the game fun? (Spectre illusion mask, I'm looking at you). Made a ton of friends, but, let's face it...

Live is literally 26 games in one. I understand the hate it gets, but I find it to be a killer pastime. The TLPs are weird af tho - just play p99.

[Oracle] [Grave Lord] [Outrider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris View Post
You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3
Old 05-21-2020, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

I’m out of the loop someone educate me, is there anything different about these TLPs other than the countless cash grabs they’ve made ? I hear you Lhord, in all honesty i have some fond memories of Luclin/PoP raiding/grouping etc.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:14 AM
Banned

Cool

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance.

The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens.

What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance.

The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens.

What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
Copypasta made me snortle and chortle.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Fuck Benfica
Closed Thread