Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

@Keebz, you're forum join date was 2010. Do you not recall classic/kunark being 95% being locked down by the "big" guild of the day? ST could do that now and are choosing not to even though they could. Acting like they're some horrible monster for choosing to not lock content down is unappreciative and is where the "welfare-pixel" tag gets thrown back in the direction of the casuals. "You people" could get none. Instead you get some and complain it's not enough.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-21-2020, 12:58 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Seal Team runs our server. From how you are talking it sounds like they are not as oppressive as Riot.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seal Team runs our server. From how you are talking it sounds like they are not as oppressive as Riot.
The funny part is anyone can join Seal Team if they want to. The reality is most people aren’t willing to put in the work to become part of their raid team.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Acting like they're some horrible monster for choosing to not lock content down is unappreciative and is where the "welfare-pixel" tag gets thrown back in the direction of the casuals. "You people" could get none. Instead you get some and complain it's not enough.
I never used those terms, but I see where you're coming from. Perhaps my qualms are more with the current state of the UN and its various agreements. I certainly don't mean to imply intent, or malice, or disparage ST or other guilds in any way. I merely wanted to express a sociological perspective on the nature of the power structure we have created. Specifically, I assess it as putting bounds on the upward mobility for the smaller guilds, which may or may not be an acceptable trade off in the eyes of the guild in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you not recall classic/kunark being 95% being locked down by the "big" guild of the day? ST could do that now and are choosing not to even though they could.
It is definitely nicer in some regards this time around, but as far as 7 day targets are concerned, it does seem like the most powerful guild, ST, is getting a very large percentage of targets and is not open sharing outside of competitive FTE (which is understandable).
Old 07-21-2020, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i love to bash players and other guilds. As far as im concerned you are all bad. like really bad. like it wouldn't take much to compete against seal team on this server and yet they all fail time and time again. and then cry like they are 5 years old about it. it's amazing. it's honestly amazing how coddled you are and expect to be moreso. I would have grinded you into dusty by assigned dkp to hold every camp exp and item camp down to the FBSS camp by now and griefed you crybabies the fuck off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT17uFri5F0
Old 07-21-2020, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The funny part is anyone can join Seal Team if they want to. The reality is most people aren’t willing to put in the work to become part of their raid team.
This has been true of pretty well every high-end guild on P1999 since 2009. Guilds on P1999 never developed the culture of exclusivity that permeated the high-end culture from the original game.

Danth
Old 07-21-2020, 01:55 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Lineage was a part of a union that got them some targets once in a while(not 7-day, but something). They were disrespected by ST on Inny. Their response is to leave the union in hopes of getting more targets.

Is that correct? How do you expect to train your raid force without the easy targets to practice on? How is a new player supposed to get comfortable without something to practice on?

Not only are you going to get less targets because of this, but you're going to get less recruits. More of your people will leave quicker. Your guild will shrink and die. This was a very poor decision if your goal was to build the guild and compete more. Sounds more like your leadership didn't want to/couldn't put up with all the overhead that being in the UN creates and is throwing in the towel.

What exactly is an easy target to practice on once every 7 days with 5 targets that die within 15 minutes of pop? Rotational Phinney and Fire Giants? Can be done with 1 group+ with the right set up. None of which closely approximates a 7-day target.

Obviously there is a significant gap in knowledge and execution between the top guild and everyone else. That's fine and their right to hold everything down if they so choose. Go for a lesser priority target if you think it'll hold someone down under your foot. The onus is on us to get better, that's fine.

Want competition practice? Contest things that are contestable on a more frequent basis. Can't do that in the UN due to agreements. I'd like to think that even racing for Phinney from zoneline benefits both parties involved, not just the "enemy of the state". And in the end the "good guys" might win anyway. Everyone loves a happy ending!

Sticking with the UN in an unfavorable position would just mean stagnation and that's truly what can lead to dissent. Seriously have had more fun in the past several days than just mindlessly consuming content that has been graciously allotted to us by our benevolent overlords. Will it last forever? Who can say.

In the end it's all about fun right? Win or lose, would rather have an opportunity to see the biggest and baddest stuff in the game. Our decision was not about the other guilds in the UN, trying to grief anyone in particular. Just the best decision for Lineage at this time.

The UN is an excellent choice for the guilds it's a fit for. Lineage has obviously been in a position where it was good for us as well. But it's not the only way. Some may agree, some may not, but I'm positive we'll treat everyone with respect and have fun along the way.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Yea, but ST has some personalities in it that are reprehensible and for some people the trade-off for "good gear" isn't worth it.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

@Shanetarin

I don't understand. You had the option to compete for 7-day targets before you left. Right? The only thing that wasn't available for you to compete against was the softer targets. How does leaving the rotation, and feeding your members what gear that was available from them, help them against 7-day targets? You will get less gear. Your team will get less dopamine releases from winning. They will get irritable about losing and eventually people will leave. If I sound like I've been through this before it's because I have. I've always put myself in the underdog position. It didn't work out for me. I wish you all the best.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

You don't think racing for phinny will make us better? Even if you're right the last few days have been a lot more exciting than just showing up for loot.
Closed Thread