Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 09:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I strongly encourage you to make a thread and ask these questions on the takp forums!
https://www.takproject.net/forums
Yes, you are correct, sorry about that, got carried away :-)
Old 05-07-2021, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, based on how much i'm dying, (I have an indisputable record number of deaths on green and red server, just can't prove it lol) Cleric is a must in my case :-)

I should one day write a text, 101 how to stupidly die by your own fault :-)

Just yesterday I noticed, if I run over frozen river in Everfrost, I get swimming XP. Cool! Gotta try it out. So I'm running down South, little I knew, there is one small hole in the ice. I fell into it. At the same moment, that NPC that drops nice mid level cloak had to come by and of course attacked me. I couldn't gate, attack or get out. He killed me and he is probably even green to me.

Nah, Cleric will be my important group member :-))))
This is basically me until I get in a group and can tunnel vision heals lol.
Old 07-17-2021, 07:02 PM
Banned

TAKP is a good change of pace in regards wanting a high quality EQ experience that is not Live similar to p99. Glad both exist.

The individuals on TAKP tend toward low drama with TAKP staff being on point and in the same ball park of expertise as p99 staff.

Can single box on TAKP like on p99. Good portion of server plays one character at a time though most play more than that. So grouping is more sparse than p99, but grouping does happen.

When you see people stopping to play p99 due to various 'Life' reasons there is chance that some of those individuals would enjoy TAKP. Reason is TAKP is more forgiving to busy folks fully living their 2021 lives while dipping their toes into EQ than p99 would be. TAKP has slightly faster leveling by 20%, level 60 MGB buffs avail in PoK, Bazaar. Basically all the things that made EQ easier and not as tough. But for folks that want their EQ fix and who have full lives, TAKP might work better than p99 for some.

Basically TAKP is the spot to do the game at your own pace. Epics being solo'd are actually a thing there. With PoP still not out yet, there is an expansion to look forward to being released in the future compared to Green's release of Velious and relative proximity to Blue timeline at this point in server history.

Overall p99 is superior if one wants a healthy server population outside of Live.
Old 07-17-2021, 07:35 PM
Banned

The best way to box IMO is with late-expansion mercenaries. You can effectively cover tasks such as healing nearly as well as with a player char with absolutely zero effort required, the mercenary just auto-follows and heals

I got sick of having to alt-tab so much back when I was 2box'ing. I guess I could have gotten into scripting but never did. But with mercenaries, you could make even a 2 box become incredibly strong
Old 07-17-2021, 07:47 PM
Banned

TAKP is quite different from Live. It's attempting to mimic PoP era locked Mac based EQ server. Max level is 60 so it is closer to p99 than Live. TAKP has a different rule set than p99 like OP mentioned though.

I never played with late stage Mercs on Live. I stopped on LIve at LDON. No interest to play with Mercs either to be honest.
Old 07-18-2021, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TAKP is quite different from Live. It's attempting to mimic PoP era locked Mac based EQ server. Max level is 60 so it is closer to p99 than Live. TAKP has a different rule set than p99 like OP mentioned though.

I never played with late stage Mercs on Live. I stopped on LIve at LDON. No interest to play with Mercs either to be honest.
Mercs simply allowed more freedom in smaller box compositions. You could run a 2dps team with 2 healer mercs. Or you could run a tank + dps team with a healer merc and a dps. The only thing you couldn’t do well was use the tank merc. When I was playing live, the tank mercs were always underpowered. Apparently the devs didn’t want merc tanks to come even remotely close to surpassing players

Without mercs, then the process for me (and I imagine most people) to box was to have 2+ instances of the game running and hit alt+tab. I was playing mag+Necro and 2 healer mercs, and sometimes I would be alt tabbing 50+ times per fight. It got super hectic. I eventually tried to set up /castsequence macros in game. But I found out those were far too restrictive, and there was no way to “break” out of them. So if something went awry (as things often do), your char would not cast what you wanted but instead still be following the sequence, and it would get me killed. So I eventually ditched the /castsequence macros

Not sure how people box 3+ accounts nowadays on servers like TAKP. They must have a better system than alt-tab
Old 07-18-2021, 11:11 AM
Kobold

Shared banking and the ability to shuffle characters between three accounts is convenient. You can have a fourth account for trading (only).
Old 07-18-2021, 01:24 PM
Banned

So far I have run into folks running one character just like here and more than you would think do that there. Some who run two chars as they don't like to run all three, and those that run three (four if you include trader) typically are doing the Hotkeynet thing. Hotkeynet allows for quicker switching than alt-tab. A few folks use several machines one for each char for visibility but thats like playing drums and lots of movement by the player. Some shrink the screen and get all 4 screens on one big HDTV or large monitor. Almost everyone is doing it slightly differently in accordance with how much energy they want to spend playing.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

Best community on any everquest emulator, since 2009 - 2010 blue.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Pivoo is doing great things over on TAKP
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread