Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 01:08 PM
Orc

Default Recommend me some uncommon dungeons

Hello all,

I am currently a lvl 25 chanter working leveling my way up through dungeons. I would like to stray away from the common leveling spots and was hoping you could recommend me some dungeons/zones that are either bad, difficult, or just not visited frequently as I would like to explore and crawl them (spots up to 60 not just lvl 25). I am pretty much a EQ noob playing on and off through the years and have only done stuff like unrest, high keep and other traditional high zem zones.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

Dalnir.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.almarsguides.com/eq/leve...ozenshadow.cfm

https://wiki.project1999.com/Runnyeye

IDK if you are twinkled but untwinked I was able to solo najina at 24 and think that was both a fun and challenging fight so if you need a robe I suggest that.

Sol A is very difficult because of mob agro to solo as a leveling enchanter, I tried the bar at 36 and gave up after a bit.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Crystal_Caverns

You can get your first two keys from tofs now, because you're in that level range maybe kill a named target, then leave to find more adventure, then come back at 36-42 and do the rest.

Paw is a good place to go too, it wasnt very popular in my circles back in the day but it is becoming that way now. But if you hadnt done much of it yet, it will have that fresh feel to it.

I think you could possibly get some EXP in kerra, but probubly not at 25.
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-30-2021 at 01:38 PM..
Old 07-30-2021, 01:59 PM
Orc

Thank you for the recommendations. Most of my gear is cheaper value commons like loam but I should be ok. Out of the ones mentioned I have only done a little Sol A on green but look forward to the rest. Never even heard of tower of frozen shadow or crystal caverns so that is neat.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Tofs is a work of art!

My fave thing to do with chanter is find items you want then go get them when youre at the lowest level range you can be for exp adventure and treasure, so that can guide you to cool spots.

edit: like try to get a hero cloak at 32 or 36, try to get a savants cap at 36-42 are a couple of just hard enough to be a challange but not so much that its unfun hunts, or even lower level if you want idk its been a while.
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-30-2021 at 02:06 PM..
Old 07-30-2021, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tofs is a work of art!
Jib has some great suggestions here, but if you're soloing ... stick to the first level. To go higher you either need a group or a higher level cleric alt whose been keyed. If you go past level #1 on your own and die, your corpse will be on floor 2+, but you'll be stuck (naked) on level 1 trying to kill the key mob. Honestly, at the appropriate level even a duo might have difficulty doing that (naked).

Same thing with Splitpaw: as Jib said it's another awesome underused place to level (and since gnoll fangs drop that helps even more) ... from the entrance to the double doors. But once you go past those double doors, god help you if you are solo and die (especially if you fall).

Also, I wanted to second Crystal Caverns: it's an amazing underused dungeon. And since very little there sees invis, corpse runs are much simpler.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

P.S. You can't talk about great under-used dungeons without mentioning Kedge Keep. The underwater part scares everyone away, but the ZEM and some fun gear (eg. a super rare chest that's essentially a 10 weight Bag of the Tinkers) rewards those who do brave it.

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide has tons of off-the-beaten-path soloing spots. They're not all dungeons, but still you might find some great places to try out there.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Runnyeye is my go-to at those levels. Easy to crawl once you know your way around and it has decent vendor trash drops. The goblins drop easy if you don't get overwhelmed.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

I've only done runnyeye pre-revamp; I was there with a group at 25 and it was amazing xp but when Borxx spawned we needed a higher level character to kill it for us. It wanders over most of the zone.

I did a lot of sol a and upper guk too. I don't remember if there was an upper guk camp specifically good at 25, but I was there off and on from high teens to 30ish.

I agree with Loramin that kedge is a ton of fun later on. It suffers from its camps having too much variance in the strength of the mobs (e.g. mermaids are level 38 or 39 up to 46), but in large part makes up for that with the zem.

Death deep in paw isn't so bad; I don't remember running into anything that sees invis. The judges camp is some good group xp mid 30s, and was popular pre-kunark.

I second Jibartik's recommendations of gear-motivated hunting and lower guk. You can solo all of that zone's drops while the camps are still blue and some of them are interesting challenges. Even more fun if you can get some friends and go a little earlier. The zone is slow xp due to a low zem, and the gear mostly not so relevant post kunark and velious, but the zone is a real classic.

Tecmos's videos show some 30+ ench solo spots he tried: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkZ...FTW4HZg/videos. From what he covered I especially enjoyed HS North and South, and there's some good if boring xp at that CT crocodile camp.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jib has some great suggestions here, but if you're soloing ... stick to the first level. To go higher you either need a group or a higher level cleric alt whose been keyed. If you go past level #1 on your own and die, your corpse will be on floor 2+, but you'll be stuck (naked) on level 1 trying to kill the key mob. Honestly, at the appropriate level even a duo might have difficulty doing that (naked).

Same thing with Splitpaw: as Jib said it's another awesome underused place to level (and since gnoll fangs drop that helps even more) ... from the entrance to the double doors. But once you go past those double doors, god help you if you are solo and die (especially if you fall).

Also, I wanted to second Crystal Caverns: it's an amazing underused dungeon. And since very little there sees invis, corpse runs are much simpler.
Overcoming these issues are the greatest adventurer for a solo enchanter, corpse some keys, dont worry about dying exp is free for enchanters. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread