Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Default Velious Tailoring Strategy?

I got my tailoring up to 131 and capped out with crystalline armor. Where do I go from here to get tailoring to 200+ and recoup the initial investment costs? Do I suck it up and count my losses while I skill tailoring to 200 by making shitty arctic wyvern masks and then make the money items or is there a better route? Would love to hear from the master tailors on p99.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Sarnak

I've heard tailoring is very difficult and expensive to get past 200.

Based on the wiki:

Fleeting Quiver.

Can try cultural recipes if you are a halfling, woodelf or erudite.

Black pantherskin.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

I'll email you.
<Divinity>
Old 01-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

If your endgame is the shawl, then wait till wu's. If the endgame is profits now then your strategy is correct.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Sarnak

my endgame is shawl, and i was getting bored of eq until i decided to do this quest. this does keep me quite busy. i've been doing arctic wyvern wristbands (since only 2 studs) because they sell for 4-5k as opposed to 500pp for the mask. i went 1/21 on a wristband at 131 tailoring.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Orc

Can cultural recipes be done by any tailor as long as you have the mats, or are they restricted to only specific cultures?
Old 01-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFaceless [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can cultural recipes be done by any tailor as long as you have the mats, or are they restricted to only specific cultures?
You have to be that culture to use the special kits (ex: Feir`Dal Sewing Kit is usable only by wood elves - kit itself must be made by a wood elf blacksmith as well), although anyone can gather the raw materials. Sometimes the metal bits have to be made by cultural smiths, sometimes not (halfling cultural tailoring does not require cultural blacksmithing, for example).

Tannins, oils, and tempers can be made by any brewer.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 01-06-2016, 01:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by korilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my endgame is shawl, and i was getting bored of eq until i decided to do this quest. this does keep me quite busy. i've been doing arctic wyvern wristbands (since only 2 studs) because they sell for 4-5k as opposed to 500pp for the mask. i went 1/21 on a wristband at 131 tailoring.
You are also spending twice the studs to do this. Studs seem to take the longest to collect.

I just combined 20 stacks of mats, started at 153 ended at 177. Now I get to save another 40k for mats and do it again. (I fished most my cod)

Hit me up to talk tradeskills tailoringl strat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-14-2016, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by duco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are also spending twice the studs to do this. Studs seem to take the longest to collect.

I just combined 20 stacks of mats, started at 153 ended at 177. Now I get to save another 40k for mats and do it again. (I fished most my cod)

Hit me up to talk tradeskills tailoringl strat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i can farm 5x the cod oil than i can foraging yew leafs which is why i went the wyvern route.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:10 AM
Fire Giant

any good strats for gnome? I just finished 5th shawl and want to be prepared for next two. I've had the mats for 100's of wu combines on my ench for about a year