Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 07:42 AM
Banned

Default Why are people over the age of 40 so bad at video games?

I'm 37 years old and I've already seen a massive decline in my own gaming performance over the last 10 years. But I also have a lot of friends who are 3-4 years older than me, and who used to be great at games like WoW, and now suddenly they can't play it at all. Like some of them have began mouse-clicking and keyboard turning and get super frustrated and throw tantrums doing basic stuff that they used to do with ease 10 years ago...

Refusing to try a new class or spec because it might be too hard, playing with sub optimal builds because it requires them to press less buttons...

... like what happens to the human mind between the ages of 30-40 that make people fall off so hard when it comes to pc gaming?

I really am ranting because it's frustrating that these people still want to play with me, but make the game miserable to play and throw a tantrum when I point out that they are getting massively out DPS'd by the healer and tank, and I can't take them in raids or groups anymore because they rage quit halfway through the instance, saying that the game is too easy to hold their attention despite them being dead for most encounters and at the absolute bottom of the damage meters.

Like do I really only have 3 years left before I become too senile to game?
Old 04-26-2021, 07:53 AM
Aviak

Higher testosterone.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:44 AM
Fire Giant

Maybe you're the problem bud, fucking meta tryhards are annoying as fuck to play with, no wonder they rage quit.. Keep it up and they won't bother playing shit with you anymore.

You get older, you get wiser.. you realize games shouldn't be taken so seriously, you try to enjoy the time with your friends rather than judge the shit out of their mouse moving skills.

Lmao.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm 37 years old and I've already seen a massive decline in my own gaming performance over the last 10 years. But I also have a lot of friends who are 3-4 years older than me, and who used to be great at games like WoW, and now suddenly they can't play it at all. Like some of them have began mouse-clicking and keyboard turning and get super frustrated and throw tantrums doing basic stuff that they used to do with ease 10 years ago...

Refusing to try a new class or spec because it might be too hard, playing with sub optimal builds because it requires them to press less buttons...

... like what happens to the human mind between the ages of 30-40 that make people fall off so hard when it comes to pc gaming?

I really am ranting because it's frustrating that these people still want to play with me, but make the game miserable to play and throw a tantrum when I point out that they are getting massively out DPS'd by the healer and tank, and I can't take them in raids or groups anymore because they rage quit halfway through the instance, saying that the game is too easy to hold their attention despite them being dead for most encounters and at the absolute bottom of the damage meters.

Like do I really only have 3 years left before I become too senile to game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyblunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Higher testosterone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you're the problem bud, fucking meta tryhards are annoying as fuck to play with, no wonder they rage quit.. Keep it up and they won't bother playing shit with you anymore.

You get older, you get wiser.. you realize games shouldn't be taken so seriously, you try to enjoy the time with your friends rather than judge the shit out of their mouse moving skills.

Lmao.
Pretty much.

But u don't actually need good mouse moving skills.

I'm 38 and my testosterone is about 10 pg/nL and with the right ppl high lvl mythic stuff isn't that bad.

What OP is really experiencing is a loss of ability to cope with lack of teamwork, bad, selfish egotistical players. You used to be able to compensate for all their mistakes and your own.

It's time to make some good friends and actually get good at games now that ur training wheels have fallen off.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

My guess is they are using copious amounts of alcohol, anti depressants and any illegal substances that they can cram down they're throats
Old 04-26-2021, 09:36 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Why play an MMO with as many button presses as Guitar Hero just to nuke someone/thing or jump around them like some dagger-wielding rogue monkey (looking at you WoW)

I'd rather play an int caster here and sit on the side of a hill for 5 mins in between kills while medding (not an enc or bard, still too much attention required).

More MMOs should cater to the filthy casual/soloist like EQ does rather than over complicate matters with mortal kombat style button mashing
Old 04-26-2021, 09:57 AM
Aviak

You start to decline around 28 but it’s shouldn’t be noticeable untill your mid 40’s and 50’s and shouldn’t be effecting you till you’re 60/70.

As previously mentioned: it’s drugs and booze. Lots of junkies milking the system for painkillers and disability play eq, as do honest people with chronic illness and painkillers.
Here’s something fucked up about chronic illness and disability: you will get prescribed painkillers and you will get strung out on them, you will think and sometimes brag about popping oxy’s the same way a street user talks about a hit.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or jump around them like some dagger-wielding rogue monkey (looking at you WoW)
lol
Old 04-26-2021, 10:35 AM
Aviak

Pushing a button and turning with mouse is the easy way to play when I'm bored I pretend the cursor is a cross hair and the spell gem slot is a head and I flick shot cast my spells
Old 04-26-2021, 10:43 AM
Banned

whats funny is 2 years ago at the peak of my estrogen i was making posts exactly like OP and even ranting in wow raid discord at my tanks for sucking badly at EP azshara boss fight
Closed Thread