Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FULL confession. I fucked up my liturgy. 😿
She hasn't owned up to any consistent ones except for IK and JD. It seems more like when she'd get suspended she would go off the handle and make a bunch of racist or sexist usernames to prove a point... a very childish point [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-25-2021, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Things can be a huge problem for humanity without being an existential threat.
Threat to what? Me? Go ahead and explain the existential threat to me.

Am i gonna wake up tomorrow and realize im dead?

am i gonna die 30 secs from now?

are you gonna kick my door in and bludgeon me?

Exactly how am I under threat?
Old 10-25-2021, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savazuul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the interest of being fair and transparent, I had a brief conversation on Discord with someone purporting to be imperiouskitten. There is a plausible explanation that there was no sock puppeting going on, and it's real people.

In the end, it doesn't matter. The accounts are going to remained banned because one/the other/both people decided to register a small army of hateful/bigoted usernames. Their rationale was that they were doing it in order to make a point that bigtory and racism is tolerated here... Which got them perma banned from the forum, interestingly enough.
That’s a shame, liked both of them and will miss both. It actually takes quite a lot to make me dislike someone, and even then it can be pretty easy to change my opinion back. Everybody has some good qualities

Quote:
I spend one afternoon in off topic, and my life is immeasurably worse off because of it. Thanks a bunch.
Sounds about right lol
Old 10-25-2021, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savazuul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the interest of being fair and transparent, I had a brief conversation on Discord with someone purporting to be imperiouskitten. There is a plausible explanation that there was no sock puppeting going on, and it's real people.

In the end, it doesn't matter. The accounts are going to remained banned because one/the other/both people decided to register a small army of hateful/bigoted usernames. Their rationale was that they were doing it in order to make a point that bigtory and racism is tolerated here... Which got them perma banned from the forum, interestingly enough.

I spend one afternoon in off topic, and my life is immeasurably worse off because of it. Thanks a bunch.
Yeah that sounds about right. Get out while you can.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Threat to what? Me? Go ahead and explain the existential threat to me.

Am i gonna wake up tomorrow and realize im dead?

am i gonna die 30 secs from now?

are you gonna kick my door in and bludgeon me?

Exactly how am I under threat?
Are you illiterate? Neither are an existential threat but still a huge problem.

What the hell man?
Old 10-25-2021, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I often wonder who owns this playground and allows it to be a cesspool of toxic insanity.

Look at the raid situation on this project, something everyone is familiar with.

These players are so damn antisocial that the staff has basically been reduced to parental puppetmasters.

"Ok kids, you can go here and do this on this day at this time, but if you do it another time, you're grounded!"

These guilds repeatedly accuse each other of the same offense over the same event. Then they cry when they get punished for their own offense.

Imagine the man-hours required to interview the kids (players), pour through logs and determine what offense occured, when it happened and who is responsible.

THAT is where all the staff time goes.

THAT is why they don't work on other QOL features, or custom content. None of you fucking deserve it.

Like, this entire debacle is one huge joke, and P99 raiders are the punch line.

Casual Blue 4 Life.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Far too much anti-trans bigotry is allowed here. The place is a cesspool compared to what it was 5 years ago. Racism and anti-gay stuff mostly gets stamped out though, it seems.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Are you illiterate? Neither are an existential threat but still a huge problem.

What the hell man?
Problem for who? Me? exactly how?

What is gonna change in my life if those weak of physical constitution get sick and die?

Keep in mind im autistic, and idgaf if the entirety of earth survives or not.

So its not likely your liberal crying pathetic bleeding heart is gonna get through.

I am not entirely inconsiderate tho, here's a fresh clean cloth to wipe off your bleeding heart.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:33 PM
Server Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Far too much anti-trans bigotry is allowed here. The place is a cesspool compared to what it was 5 years ago. Racism and anti-gay stuff mostly gets stamped out though, it seems.
IK blocked me on discord as we were having a conversation, but it was around this very topic.

I can see how folks have developed this perception because it would be monstrous for the moderators to spend any amount of time on the forum, see the bigotry and anti-trans crap, and do nothing about it (or worse, condone it).

The reality is far less interesting. Most of the CSRs time is spent in-game. The time we spend on the forum is very much limited to handling things in petitions, and that's it. The only time we stray out of that area is when it's called to our attention that there is rule breaking in the other areas of the forum. Which, is what got me into things today.

Ask anyone who's been banned for homophobic or transphobic slurs in-game, and you'll know we/I take that very seriously. We can't possibly be in every thread or police things as they are happening and in the moment. Don't mistake delayed reaction or having blindspots as condoning bigotry. It'll catch up to folks like it did today when I spent _hours_ of my own personal time digging through IP addresses and usernames to sort out the users that IK/JD/Whomever created.

But I know that's only the tip of the iceberg. Maybe I should lurk more where the toxic nonsense is going on.
Last edited by Savazuul; 10-25-2021 at 10:36 PM..
Old 10-25-2021, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you call out everything as bigotry or racism, then nothing is bigotry or racism.

So you gotta pick and choose the fights, lest everything get lost to white noise. Also, it will be able easier to recognize bigotry against trans folks when you all get it together and decide whats cool and whats not. It varies by the day. In some communities the term "tranny" is somehow derogatory.

In the right connotation, I can make, "Valued alternative lifestyle Citizen" derogatory.

When people are perpetually offended, everyone else stops to care, because there is no help for the perpetually offended, they are quite happy being miserable.
Closed Thread