Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

Default Best uses for Trucidation and Infusion?

Just curious if these spells see any real use, and if so how/what for
Old 03-16-2015, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

I also don't see much purpose to either of these spells. As I'm leveling my necro, I haven't yet found a situation where I have room on my spell bar for such situational spells, or when I would happily throw out 500 plat or so to cast either spell.

The huge recast times just mean I am forced to hold them on my spell bar for extremely rare circumstances that warrant casting them.

Infusion I can see *some* worth on a Velious raid to continue pumping mana into cleeics at the very end of the fight... maybe. But that's an extremely expensive 3-4 Twitches.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

Why do necro's get the shaft for lvl 60 spells, you'd think they'd have their own "hey you hit max level and mastered your art" type of badass spell

Shamans get freakin Torpor lol
Old 03-16-2015, 06:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Infusion I can see *some* worth on a Velious raid to continue pumping mana into cleeics at the very end of the fight... maybe. But that's an extremely expensive 3-4 Twitches.
500pp to keep a raid from wiping doesn't seem that expensive.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do necro's get the shaft for lvl 60 spells, you'd think they'd have their own "hey you hit max level and mastered your art" type of badass spell

Demi Lich... Necromancer's go from 20 mana a tick to 32. That's like adding a C2 ontop of already awesome mana regen. That's huge.

And 500pp to stop a wipe is reasonable, yes. But how often is casting that, being able to cast 3-4 more twitches which translates into 1-2 more CHs or 1-2 more Sunstrikes or Bane Nukes, going to be the difference in victory and wipe? I'd say very very rarely.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Demi Lich... Necromancer's go from 20 mana a tick to 32. That's like adding a C2 ontop of already awesome mana regen. That's huge.
Also, let's disregard the fact that necros are consistently solid 1-60 with minimal amounts of gear.

Sure, shamans are the best soloer in the game.. At level 60, with torpor, bane of nife, pox of bertoxx, fungi, jbb and epic. You're looking at 250k, more if you MQ the faction for the epic, or the epic altogether.

The most expensive spell for a necro is Emissary of Thule i think? Even so, it's nice but not necessary like torpor is a for a shaman, so it's not a big deal.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
500pp to keep a raid from wiping doesn't seem that expensive.
It's actually really cheap for an extra 1k mana pool.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

And 500pp to stop a wipe is reasonable, yes. But how often is casting that, being able to cast 3-4 more twitches which translates into 1-2 more CHs or 1-2 more Sunstrikes or Bane Nukes, going to be the difference in victory and wipe? I'd say very very rarely.
How many Necros are at the raid? Your argument assumes that there is exactly and only one. Seems to me that 9-12 (or 12-16) additional twitches during a rough/close fight could easily make a difference.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

12-16 twitches is what? 1700-2600 mana? Which is like... 4-6.5 complete heals?

That buys you 10 seconds for having 4 necro's each keeping the spell loaded and burning an EE each.

Or it could buy you longer if you just have one weak link in your CH chain. But still, this is a very rare occurrence where this will be necessary for victory. Then again, I tend to be rather stingy with money and reagents. So maybe that is influencing me.

I'd tend to argue optimizing group synergy is far more likely to create success in a raid than Necro's using Infusion to emergency twitch people near the end of a raid.

WTB some EEs though for Convergence Rezzing! PM Me.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread