Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Favourite expansion for a PVP server to go up to.
No Expansions! 25 29.07%
Kunark 19 22.09%
Velious 2 2.33%
Luclin 13 15.12%
Planes of Power 14 16.28%
even later expansion 2 2.33%
Bush/Towers 11 12.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

Default Favourite expansion for a PVP server to go up to

just for fun, what would be the best expansion for a PVP server to go up to, every thing considered (player spread, itemisation, PVE content to contest, etc)?
Old 07-03-2016, 02:32 AM
Banned

classic
Old 07-03-2016, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Poll added
Old 07-03-2016, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

Kunark.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:39 AM
Fire Giant

Pop pvp was the best. End of convo
Old 07-03-2016, 08:18 AM
Fire Giant

voted luclin only cuz no option for general and minor class AA's only. Luclin would make red even more desolated, too much easy gear to farm that has no level req. plus FUCK VEX THAL, not that red would even get a guild together to farm it, god forbid if anyone did ever acquire vex thal/ssra gear compared to classic/kunark geared era toon. heart of the void was nice though, miss that.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Sarnak

I like kunark. Gear gap was enough to satisfy the hardcore but not enough to completely gimp the casuals in pvp.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

The game should not use the exact code of any past era. They are all problematic.

Kunark era with heavy modifications is the most salient direction an "Everquest" PvP server should head in. You don't actually need any specific expansions (particularly if you just add in more Old-World zones) but I like the Kunark zones a lot.

If forced to choose between existing options I would say No Expansions. That option provides the least amount of grinding, the most amount of PvP, and the overall most level playing field.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game should not use the exact code of any past era. They are all problematic.

Kunark era with heavy modifications is the most salient direction an "Everquest" PvP server should head in. You don't actually need any specific expansions (particularly if you just add in more Old-World zones) but I like the Kunark zones a lot.

If forced to choose between existing options I would say No Expansions. That option provides the least amount of grinding, the most amount of PvP, and the overall most level playing field.
I think Kunark is great for long term without any modifications needed. People get bored of a game and always look for something needed to be done but Kunark is a great balance in my opinion.

-Offers more content than classic and becoming BiS takes a really long time still.

-No drop items are not over powered while still offering nice items to strive for.

-Balancing isn't out of control yet between fully geared classes. I can't really think of a class that isn't useful in some way in PvP during Kunark.

-Setting up resist gear forces you to make a decision and pretty much everyone will have a weakness at anytime. Whether it is a char geared towards melee combat or resists for caster combat.

-Farming for someone solo that doesn't want to raid still allows them to purchase top tier gear.

-Guilds like Azrael that show up in short spurts can jump in and compete with players that have raided for a long time because the gear gap isn't that bad. Items you can get from group content vs raid content allows you to compete. This also makes it more fun for making alts since you can just trade gear and not have to go through a lot of work to change classes.

I know people on this server got tired of Kunark but if you are going to end on one expansion I can't think of a better one. The other expansions are only useful if expansions are going to continue to come out to further progress characters and see new content. During Kunark you could always take a break then jump right back into the mix of things. Coming back to this server after a break during Velious isn't as fun.
Last edited by HippoNipple; 07-03-2016 at 01:29 PM..
Old 07-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Banned

Classic nothing beats the pop in lower Guk / battles for Dino island
Closed Thread